Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2003, 12:50 AM

Default Still no MIDI!!!

I have read and performed the prodedures in all the forums and I am still not getting any sound from my click track or from MIDI . Does QuickTime have to be the full version to play MIDI files or will it work with the free version of QT 6.0. I am getting that red "ban" symbol on QT Music every time I run OMS MIDI Setup. Can I get some help on this one? G3/O.S. 9.2
Old 01-19-2003, 02:45 PM

Default Re: Still no MIDI!!!

Hi,
I've read your two postings and I wonder if I can be helpful.
I can suggest two things. First in your OMS set up you have to set Quicktime as your MIDI output. Click on the red ban symbol.
Then in Pro Tools in the Edit window, you have to choose Quicktime as your MIDI output again.
Juan
Old 01-20-2003, 11:26 PM

The red ban symbol won't go away when I click it. I recall someone said you could drag your OMS preferances to the trash but I don't have a copy of OMS software to reinstall. What other options do I have. I am not getting any click track of MIDI sound.

Thanks for you reply,

Markus
Old 02-12-2003, 12:19 AM

Hi,
About throwing away the preference file:

The application will make a new one You do not have to re-install at all.

Bye
Bert
Old 02-14-2003, 11:37 PM

Hi,
I have just set OMS My Studio Setup so that it can use Quicktime as a MIDI synth.
You have to follow the setup steps and then double click on the Quicktime red ban symbol and a new screen will pop up. There you can enable it.
Juan
Old 02-14-2003, 11:52 PM

Hi,
I wanted to set the tempo for an audio track from a CD I want to learn to play on my guitar, so I used the identify beat command. So far so good. However I have noticed that the tempo becomes inexact some bars later. I have used the identify beat command again in different locations but I wonder if there isn't something wrong because to my hear, the audio track sounds fine even though it falls behind or forward according both to the click and to the bar time scale on PT Free.I am finding it very hard to get the song to follow the click tempo.
Is it usual for audio to keep changing its tempo? Why doesn't it keep the same tempo all through the song?