Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2003, 07:40 PM

Default Specific Type 2 error - Digi please help

I just recorded many vocals out of town, lots of loop record. When I try to region match to play loops to comp, PT quits Type 2 error. Dragging from bin is OK but creates a work nightmare. Recorded on G4 1G Powerbook, M1, PT 5.2 to OWC FW. Same problem when transferred to G4 533 DP with FW, same when copied to internal audio drive. Lots of RAM. Tried all: extensions, PRAM, prefs, set ups, finally imported tracks and audio to new session. Otherwise all is OK, been editing and mixing in session all day, nothing else causes quits. The moment I try to control click on front of loop region and go to a take, PT quits, MAC freezes. Helpp -- save me hours and hours! Thanks
Old 08-26-2003, 09:27 AM

Default Re: Specific Type 2 error - Digi please help

bumpage, sorry
Old 08-26-2003, 11:36 AM
Avid

Default Re: Specific Type 2 error - Digi please help

Hello,

Type 2 errors can be related to RAM, extensions conflict or possibly a corrupt application file.

Since you have alreay trashed prefs check the following:

Do you have any other applications running in the background?
I would kill any unneeded applications running in the background.

How much memory is allocated to the Pro Tools app and DAE?

Try the following memory settings if you have 512MB or more.

DAE: 150MB (150000k)
Pro Tools: 150MB (150000k)

How to increase the memory settings of Pro Tools:
-Quit Pro Tools.
-Click on the PT icon once (to highlight it) and select File>Get Info in the Finder (shortcut: Command+I). Increase the preferred memory size of the Pro Tools. Click on the icon once to highlight it and select get info from the file menu in the Finder or by holding down the command key and typing the letter I. Increase the Pro Tools prefered memory to 150000k (150MB). Never change the minimum memory size. If you have, you can set it back to the default setting by typing a 0 into the field and press Enter on the numerical keypad.

Also, try the follwoing extensions set for Mbox.

-Open the Extensions Manager Control Panel. From the selected set pop-up menu, select “OS 9.x base” click on “Duplicate Set" at the bottom of the window. Name the set whatever you like. Enable the following extensions and restart the computer:
-Digidesign Control Panel
-DigiSystem INIT
-Digidesign Direct I/O
-Digidesign DSP Manager
-Digidesign Stream Manager
-Digidesign USB Driver
-Open Music System
-USB Floppy Enabler

What application was used to format the FW drive?

For best results, format FireWire drives using the Mac OS:

1-Backup all important data that is on your FireWire drive
2-Highlight the FireWire drive on the Desktop and choose Special>Erase Disk. Choose Mac OS Extended formatting and click OK.
3-Once the drive is formatted, disable/remove all third party FireWire extensions and restart the computer.

You may also want to try replacing the Pro Tools application and the DAE app with a fresh copy off of your Pro Tools installer CD. You will need to redo the memory settings after you replace these files.

Hope this helps.

Mike