Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2000, 07:55 PM

Default Help!!! QT problems with PT 5.01

Please help!!!

I have recently upgraded one of my studios to PT 5.01 running on a G4 DP450, Appian J2000 AGP video card, 512mb ram, Aurora Fuse capture card, Adobe Premier 5.1c (for capture)

The problem is this: After capturing my footage and importing it into the PT session, I cannot resize the video. Not only can I not resize it inside PT, it seems to be constrained to size no matter the app. (i.e. Quicktime...)

I have tried every possible extension combination, the latest drivers on all hardware, and software as well. (including going back to Premier 4.0, Very Jerky...)

If you have had any similar experiences with this setup, PLEASE reply. As tjis is getting reallllllly stupid!

Thanks,

postboy
Old 11-28-2000, 08:50 PM

Default Re: Help!!! QT problems with PT 5.01

When you say that you can't resize the video do you mean the movie window size? If so...

I presume you are playing back pics on your computer monitor and the window is taking up too much space. I have a TV monitor hooked up to the composite video out of the Fuse with the Fuse control strip options set to video only. This way you can drag the movie window to the bottom or corner of your computer monitor (off screen) and as long as the title bar is still showing then the movie will play back fine on the TV.

If you absolutely HAVE to play back on the computer monitor, and you want to change the window size, then open the 'Quicktime Player', and make a new player doc (cmd-N). You will now have two 'Untitled' players open. Now open your clip using Open from the file menu, your movie will open in the second 'Untitled' player. Select all (cmd-A), Copy, and go to the first player and paste your selection. Close player 2, resize player one window to the size you want to end up with and save it. You get an option to make the movie self-contained, but it is best to just reference the original (allowing dependancies). You will end up with a very small file (prob less than 1Mb), import this into your session instead.

This will only work with a registered copy of Quicktime! I am sure that you are a resourceful surfer.

I use this feature to edit or combine a series of clips together (non destructively) which is a good way around the 2Gb file size limit that Premiere 5.1c has only addressed half way.
Old 11-29-2000, 08:28 PM

Default Re: Help!!! QT problems with PT 5.01

thanks octo!

Actually, and thankfully I realized just what you are talking about. And, of course, you are right.

However, I did realize that the real problem in this is Appian.

So, with that in mind, what do you think about the Gallery "Virtual VTR"???

Have you had any experience with it? I have heard a few very cool things about it.

Let me know if you have. And once again, thank you.

postboy