Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2006, 09:47 AM

Default Lost Plugin?

I bought the ptle7/bundle and got Synchronic&Smack plugins, authorized and licensed through iLok. The Syn...is available in inserts but smack is nowhere to be found...?Any ideas out there.......thanks klickyman
Old 03-23-2011, 04:28 PM

Default Re: Lost Plugin?

Have you been able to resolve this matter? I'm starting to clean up my iLok, getting ready to upgrade to PT9, and I realized that I lost one of my two Smack licenses but since I had the MPKT 1 and upgraded to MPTK2 I never noticed it. here is my story and I hope Avid Support (since I do not have a support code) will reply to resolve this matter, a few years back I purchased the Pro Tools LE7 Software "Upgrade PLUS" which includes two plug-ins (I picked Smack & Synchronic) well and few years later (maybe 1 to 2) I purchased the MPTK 1, which comes with Smack, in 2009 I purchased LE 8.0 and the MPTK2, it never hit me that the one Smack license disappeared, and today as I start to review my iLok and move some of the licenses around I question is the Smack licenses or is one licenses tired to the MPTK licenses... so I removed the one Smack license to my demo iLok to test this out and NO the Smack licenses is not tired to the MPTK licenses. AVID SUPPORT HELP!!!!

I have all of my "Old Yella" activation code, for both MPTK1 and Bonus Plug-in Activation Card... Where do I go to re-activate this license?

If you need to Email or Call me please do so soon....

Thank you,
Old 03-23-2011, 05:08 PM

Check on ilok.com to see if that license is still waiting to be downloaded to your ilok. You can't have two of the same on an ilok.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 03-23-2011, 05:31 PM

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the quick reply, I only show one license on my second iLok, I was always under the impression that the second Smack license was tied to my MPTK license. I check and there are no second license to download, or posted to my iLok account. is there a way to just request the license again with the codes I have?
Old 03-23-2011, 07:47 PM

It's been so long since I bought the MPTK that I don't remember if there were separate codes for these plug-ins.

Formerly hobotom

HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 03-23-2011, 08:02 PM

Have you checked your Avid account?

http://www.avid.com/US/

To the right is a link to 'My Account'
Once signed in, Under Products>your Products, there is a history of everything I've bought from Digidesign/Avid with links to re-download and activation codes etc.

If you don't have an account, create one and then you will have to find out how to link your identity (past historical purchases) to that account. It may do it automatically if all your details are still the same as when you purchased items ie email address etc.

Hope this is of some help.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O
Old 03-23-2011, 08:48 PM

Tom,

What comes in the box with the DVDs are given is the Reg. ID card, the Activation code and white card with the instruction and MP3 serial number, and like you it's been a long time, I purchased it from Sweetwater when it was first released and since I never had any problem I didn't look back. and to be honest if I was building a second rig I wouldn't, but at the end of the day I should have two licenses for Smack... Tom, again thanks for your input I did learn that you cannot have two of the same licenses on one iLok, so maybe this is were I dropped the ball, but I should be abel to download it from my Avid account but, no luck there.

Zedhed,
I'm way ahead of on this one, I actually tried this first before even looking at DUC, I have all the cards with codes and I tried to re-active but, the system is not accepting them stating they were not entered correctly... it's a short code compared to todays long number. I tried to call Avid support but I need to buy a support code to speak with someone... things have changed!!!!!

Maybe the good people at AVID will reach out to me to ensure I'm a happy customer, I pretty much all my licenses since 5.0

Thanks
Old 03-23-2011, 08:49 PM

anyone else with any insight... it's all welcomed
Old 03-23-2011, 10:24 PM

It's starting to look like we need DTS to chime in here; he's the man with the power regarding things like this.

Formerly hobotom

HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs

www.metrostudios.com
Old 03-31-2011, 08:29 PM

Quick update: the good people at Avid found my missing Smack license after they spoke with the nice folks at iLok, whom confirmed a little error had happened..!!!! Thank you all for sharing and I wish you all a good night!

Lou