Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2006, 05:35 AM

Default control 24 connections

i've had the same problems as everyone else when it comes to the control 24 . My solution to the problem and not paying for a new power supply is to remove the power supply and carefully mark all your plugs as well as the pc board as to where each plug goes there is no indication if you start just unpluging your in trouble as plugs will fit to different connectors . go to wal-mart or a store like staples and buy you a 25 cent eraser. clean both sides of the prongs on the motherboard connections. really scrub all the way from base to tip. after this if you have some contact cleaner spray on a paper towel and litely coat each connector.. had this same problem when i had the oo2r this cleaning tip for it stopped my ticking problems wiyhout having to get a new power cable . i worked in electronics for 20 years and have seen that the major problem with todays equipment is connections . they are the weak link.this shouldn't take but about 1 hour to complete but do at your on risk . just make sure power is off disconnect the AC plug on the console smile hope this helps