Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2007, 09:25 AM

Default The best way to secure your ILOK

Hi,

Found this and though of my ilok!

http://files.turbosquid.com/Preview/...7.jpgLarge.jpg

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 02-11-2007, 09:56 AM

Default Re: The best way to secure your ILOK

ever since i read about those robberies in the UK where they were
targetting iLoks, we don't leave anybody unattended in the the control
room anymore .. i'll tell ya that ;-) also, we consider tea drinkers
a higher risk.

jeff
Old 02-11-2007, 03:16 PM

all kidding aside, this may be the best solution for this huge problem. It's a wireless USB hub, designed specifically to let you put USB devices up to 30 feet away from your computer. So you could hide it and your iLoks wherever.

It hasn't quite been released yet, so I don't know if it works with iLok's, but there's no reason it shouldn't. Here's hoping!
Old 02-11-2007, 03:19 PM

Quote:
all kidding aside, this may be the best solution for this huge problem. It's a wireless USB hub, designed specifically to let you put USB devices up to 30 feet away from your computer. So you could hide it and your iLoks wherever.

It hasn't quite been released yet, so I don't know if it works with iLok's, but there's no reason it shouldn't. Here's hoping!

And imagine if that wireless USB hub could be shared by multiple computers!!!
(did i just hear a thud from Haifa?) ;-)

jeff
Old 02-11-2007, 03:50 PM

Quote:
And imagine if that wireless USB hub could be shared by multiple computers!!!
Gilad Keren and Meir Shashua would $#!+ in their pants.

(Do a Google search!!!!)
Old 02-11-2007, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Hi,

Found this and though of my ilok!

http://files.turbosquid.com/Preview/...7.jpgLarge.jpg
Ok Chris,

It's been way too long for me not to respond to this one! First, glad to see that you are keeping up to your 20 miles in the AM and your "20 plus" posts on the DUC after your coffee kicks in! That was way too good dude.Sorry everyone, I just had to hijack the thread for a second to give my hellos and best to you my friend.

Hope all is well over there. I have been alive, but not active at all on the DUC for personal reasons. Uber-Stig has been keeping me "posted" but I wanted to just say hello to you, and wish you my best. I'm on my way to LA for a pretty wild time which I wil share with you privately, but Happy New Year Chris!!! Yes, sad to say, but..."It's Alive" Take care! I am not in much of a posting mode lately but you had to be called on this last one! Hope you are happy and well!

-S
Old 02-12-2007, 01:01 AM

Quote:

Hope all is well over there. I have been alive, but not active at all on the DUC for personal reasons. Uber-Stig has been keeping me "posted" but I wanted to just say hello to you, and wish you my best. I'm on my way to LA for a pretty wild time which I wil share with you privately, but Happy New Year Chris!!! Yes, sad to say, but..."It's Alive" Take care! I am not in much of a posting mode lately but you had to be called on this last one! Hope you are happy and well!

-S
Hi Scott,

Great to see you back This was my, "lets have a laugh on sunday" post!! hope it made you chuckle.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 02-12-2007, 07:21 AM

Quote:

Pretty nice, except I have 3 iLoks(one just for Waves) and horizontal positioning probably won't allow for all 3 side by side.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Pretty nice, except I have 3 iLoks(one just for Waves) and horizontal positioning probably won't allow for all 3 side by side.
This would help you out on that: https://www.ilok.com/cgi-bin/WebObje...ProductBrowser
Old 02-12-2007, 10:08 AM

[/QUOTE]

This would help you out on that: https://www.ilok.com/cgi-bin/WebObje...ProductBrowser

[/QUOTE]

Cool. An iLok "gooseneck"!