Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2010, 09:57 PM

Default Windows 7 Issues w/8.0.4b Drivers - Any ideas?

So I finally got my new StudioCat.com PC and after sitting on the phone with Jim for a good hour, we got PT 8.0.4b to work in W7 64-bit. **Just a note, I only want PT8 to work for the ASIO drivers, as I'm tracking and mixing in REAPER now**

Now I thought all my woes were over but....

When I shut down everything for the night and came back the next day, my rig was acting up again.

Here's what happens.

When I start up Windows 7 with the Digi002R on, it freezes at the Windows 7 Splash screen. As soon as I turn it off, it loads to desktop. But when I switch it back on, although it detects the Digi002 Rack in the device manager, it doesn't work with PT or REAPER. The inputs are missing in the REAPER Asio configuration menu...

When I try to shutdown/reboot, it hangs at "Shutting down" until I switch off the Digi 002 Rack, which it then immediately shuts down.

It's like the driver gets "stuck" or something.

Now get this, the only way for me to have the 002R work properly in REAPER, PT, and my desktop (little speaker icon shows no X) is to have the Digi002R already powered on before I start up my computer, BUT lately it's been hanging on the splash screen, locking up.

Any help is greatly appreciated, just when I thought I was home free from technical difficulties....

I did finally get it to work by uninstalling the 64-bit drivers, rebooting, installing the 64-bit drivers, rebooting, powering on the Digi002R, rebooting, going to device manager and updating the drivers, selecting from a list, and choosing the first of two drivers listed, the one that says Digi 002 Rack (with a space between 002 and Rack, the other one has no space and reads, Digi 002Rack).

That's what I had to do with Jim from StudioCat.com on the phone to get it working. And yes, every reboot is required as I've tried cutting corners and it didn't work.

At this moment I have yet to shut down my computer and I'm worried that the whole damn problem is going to happen again.

Anyone else having this problem?

Windows 7 - Reaper 3 - Lynx Aurora 16 - RME HDSPe AES - DigiMax FS - Eureka - Axiom Pro - Yamaha HS80Ms + HS10W Sub
Old 05-28-2010, 10:19 PM

Default Re: Windows 7 Issues w/8.0.4b Drivers - Any ideas?

From my experience. Avid is working a full release which fixes the 8..04b issues, but the date is " to be announced"(maybe in 2 years). Now I'm currently using Win7 64bit and have the ASIO drivers working perfectly with my mbox 2 mini. The trick is to use 8.0.3 drivers rather than 8.0.4b. If you need pictures I would happily show you it's working fine with Reaper.

My suggestion is to follow this guide:

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=272767

Good Luck! and don't install 8.0.4b after. Also disable DEP

--

site: http://www.everythinglegit.com

Wah gwaan down deh..

System: Pro Tools LE, mbox 2, m-audio keyboard, HP DV7 laptop, Reaper 3 and alot of studios.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:59 PM

Found a solution..

Before shutting down the computer or Digi002R, I go to device manager, and disable the 002 Rack. Then I power off the 002R, then the computer.

When I boot up, I turn on the 002R, then enable it again in device manager.

A bit of a process, but it's working. <shrug>

Thanks for your suggestions Ram.

Windows 7 - Reaper 3 - Lynx Aurora 16 - RME HDSPe AES - DigiMax FS - Eureka - Axiom Pro - Yamaha HS80Ms + HS10W Sub
Old 06-03-2010, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram130 View Post
From my experience. Avid is working a full release which fixes the 8..04b issues, but the date is " to be announced"(maybe in 2 years). Now I'm currently using Win7 64bit and have the ASIO drivers working perfectly with my mbox 2 mini. The trick is to use 8.0.3 drivers rather than 8.0.4b. If you need pictures I would happily show you it's working fine with Reaper.

My suggestion is to follow this guide:

http://duc.digidesign.com/showthread.php?t=272767

Good Luck! and don't install 8.0.4b after. Also disable DEP
I doubt the 8.0.3 drivers will work with a Firewire device in Windows 7 64 bit. Wouldnt be a problem for USB, but firewire really requires the correct driver.

No problems in Windows 7 64 bit with the 003R using 8.0.4b drivers here. Been using them since they day they were released.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 06-03-2010, 09:58 PM

Well I never got a chance to try the 002 rack at my other studio with 64bit version, so far it works fine with 32bit and 8.0.4b. Your right about the fire wire thing bennoi. DeyBwah you should use the legacy fire wire driver. Just select in the device manager.

--

site: http://www.everythinglegit.com

Wah gwaan down deh..

System: Pro Tools LE, mbox 2, m-audio keyboard, HP DV7 laptop, Reaper 3 and alot of studios.
Old 06-04-2010, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram130 View Post
Well I never got a chance to try the 002 rack at my other studio with 64bit version, so far it works fine with 32bit and 8.0.4b. Your right about the fire wire thing bennoi. DeyBwah you should use the legacy fire wire driver. Just select in the device manager.
Yep, already using the (legacy) driver. My solution is working and I'm more than willing to deal with it until AVID releases a stable W7 64-bit driver. So basically, I'm willing to deal with it until well after my last breath of life in this body. :P

Old 06-04-2010, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeyBwah View Post
I'm more than willing to deal with it until AVID releases a stable W7 64-bit driver. So basically, I'm willing to deal with it until well after my last breath of life in this body. :P

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com