Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2006, 05:28 PM

Default Do I need the OMS first?

I don't believe that I need the OMS first. It seems that pro tools installer provides the PCI driver. LE worked the last time I booted 9.0.4, but this time not so. Its actually been a sort of self-inflicted nightmare. I trusted people that told me I couldn't install an internal harddrive so I bought an external that demanded of me to install 9.2.2 but due to the USB connection I couldn't use it; LE malfunctioned so I searched for the problem and lost necessary files. So I rebooted 9.0, clean install, and got an internal drive. Now LE won't boot from 9.0, 9.0.4, 9.1, or 9.2.1. So it must be something different.
Old 06-28-2006, 05:39 PM

Default Re: Do I need the OMS first?

Yes you need to have OMS to run PTLE 5.1 on 9.

I don't know what hardware you're running, but USB is too slow for audio drives. If you can't have a second internal (iMac/Book?) or Firewire (early iMac/Book?) you are pretty much screwed.
Old 06-28-2006, 06:19 PM

Default It seems that chasing the OMS is circular...

Okay, so I have to first install OMS before I can install LE? Thats wierd, because the intructions not only don't say that directly (however one could believe it implies it) but it actually says at the end of the install instruction that I should check out OMS after the installation. So heres the question: if the 001 isn't being recognized and thus the OMS installation is incomplete, what do I do?
Old 06-28-2006, 08:28 PM

Default Re: It seems that chasing the OMS is circular...

It doesn't really matter which one you install first, but you need to have OMS installed, and configured before PTLE will work.

All this stuff is covered quite well in the Quick Start Guide PDF which is included on the 5.1.1 install disk.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:15 PM

I don't see that file anywhere in my drive. I did a Sherlock on it.
Old 06-28-2006, 09:29 PM

Here ya go: knock yourself out.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:21 PM

Default Complete Mystery This Installation

Thanks. But I have that on print. I've been through the first 8 pages. That is, the hardware is in, the system software settings are changed accordingly. But something doesn't occur at the installation page. That is, I run the installer and nothing happens beyond the appearance of a graphic. There is no installation window as promised by the instruction book. It doesn't seem to know what to do after that. This is all thats really wrong here. Its a brand new boot of 9.0, totally clean harddrive. Only a 9.0.4 update was installed.