Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2004, 06:54 PM

Default 6.7 and ProControl

Hey,

I did a fresh install of 10.3.5 and 6.4, then 6.7 and have been mixing ALL DAY with no ProControl induced crashes!

I'll be doing 40 track, tons of plugins mixes for the next 2 days. I'll keep you posted!
M1MAX Mac Studio OS 14.4.1, PT2024.3, HDX, S1/Dock
M1 PRO MacBook Pro OS 14.4.1, PT2024.3, BabyFacePro FS
Old 11-05-2004, 04:37 AM

Default Re: 6.7 and ProControl

Ok, here is the scoop.

In three days of mixing, 32+ tracks at 24-44.1, tons of dsp eating plugins, here is my report:

There is some wierdness in the group controls on the ProControl. I have lost the "suspend" button three times in three days. De-selecting and re-selecting the Main unit in peripherals brought it back.

On the mix I was working on yesterday, i lost the ability to do anything to groups, edit, select, suspend all stopped working. I power cycled the ProControl, de-selected/re-selected in peripherals, reset the firmware to factory default and let ProTools reinstall it (v1.35), and power cycled the entire system, cpu and all with no love. I then opened another session and the functions all worked. Then i went back to the original "problem" session and all of the groups function now worked. Hmmm...

Once I saw the dreaded " cannot enter parameter page when there is no insert assigned" when selecting Revibe with the DSP edit/assign button (the dreaded 6.4 bug) but it quickly passed and the plugin parameters loaded into the dsp edit section. Whew!

Three time in three days i have lost the ability to press the INS switch on the top of a channel strip on the fader pak. De-selecting/re-selecting the fader pak in peripherals brought the function back in all instances.

Twice i actually got the spinning wheel of death when option dragging (copying) a Sony Oxford EQ from one track to another. this may or may not be plugin specific. Sony expects 6.7 compatible updates within 2 weeks.

Even though this sounds like a lot of problems, in general I like this update alot and found it pretty stable considering how i was beating on it. I really like being able to (FINALLY, AFTER 5 MONTHS OF WAITING!!!) use the 6.4 upgrades like ADC (!!!!) and clip indicators, not to mention the new features in 6.7, especially color coding and plugin preset functions.
M1MAX Mac Studio OS 14.4.1, PT2024.3, HDX, S1/Dock
M1 PRO MacBook Pro OS 14.4.1, PT2024.3, BabyFacePro FS