Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2023, 07:19 AM

Default How to measure Dialogue Norm Target ?

Hey everyone,

We just received the tech specs from a new client for 5.1 and 2.0 printmasters / dialstems deliveries (see below)

It's specified that we have to measure the whole program, not the dialstem only for the multichannel Dialogue Norm Target !
Which plugin would you use for ?

Is the "Dialog LKFS' preset fine into the Nugen's ? There's also the "Dialog LKFS LM100" (dolby LM100 hardware ???)

What would you do ?

Thanks for the help,
regards
Old 11-23-2023, 08:46 AM

Default Re: How to measure Dialogue Norm Target ?

Nugen can do this, but I prefer https://youlean.co/youlean-loudness-meter/ (pro version).
Old 11-23-2023, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhoof View Post
Nugen can do this, but I prefer https://youlean.co/youlean-loudness-meter/ (pro version).
Yeah. I have both, but am digging YouLean for the last few months a lot now as well. It's very fast and simple to use. I get these types of requests for "their" specific specs, which vary from one place to the next. Even some DCP specs are kind of silly I have received. Then I send over the files and they pass with flying colors. Just keep it simple and it should go just fine. Most of these specs are trying to weed out the inexperienced mixers that they get files that don't follow the specs very well. That's my take-:)
P.S. Decibel is another good one from Process Audio, but I use YouLean more at the moment.

G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 11-23-2023, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farhoof View Post
Yeah. I have both, but am digging YouLean for the last few months a lot now as well. It's very fast and simple to use. I get these types of requests for "their" specific specs, which vary from one place to the next. Even some DCP specs are kind of silly I have received. Then I send over the files and they pass with flying colors. Just keep it simple and it should go just fine. Most of these specs are trying to weed out the inexperienced mixers that they get files that don't follow the specs very well. That's my take-:)
P.S. Decibel is another good one from Process Audio, but I use YouLean more at the moment.

G
Composer/Sound Designer/Protools 2024.3 Ultimate, MTRXII-TB3, DADMAN MOM, Cisco SG350-10MP EthernetHUB, KLANG:quelle 4 Channel Dante™Headphone Amp, DVS,MADI, Mac Studio Ultra,128 RAM/4TB SSD, Ventura 13.6.6, DP 11.3.1, Logic Pro X 10.8.1 DOLBY ATMOS Facility/MPSE Motion Picture Sound Editors Avid Certified Professional ProTools/Dolby ATMOS
Old 11-23-2023, 02:18 PM

Youlean Black Friday sale one time payment of 29 dollars.

Definitely worth it.
Almost every plugin