Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2007, 09:50 PM

Default music production toolkit can only do 32 voices?

I have Digi002R, PT 7.1.1, Music Production Toolkit (received with Digi002R about 1 year ago), OSX 10.4.8, Mac Pro (2 x 2.66 GHZ Dual Core). All installed and working over the past year, including all the plugs that come with Music Production Toolkit, plus the mp3 option, etc. Seems basically to all be working, except I would get "out of voices" error every once in a while. So, I decided to look into it. I did: new session -> create 32 mono audio tracks -> OK -> create one more -> "not enough available voices". So, it looks like I have the standard 32 voice limit instead of the promised 48 voice limit of the Music Production Toolkit. Anyone seen this? Is there something I must do in PT in order to "turn on" the 48 voice limit? Can't find any mention of it in Digi support area or in documentation - makes it sound like after installing MPT it should just be there.

Thanks in advance for help -
Chris
Old 01-27-2007, 10:04 PM

Default Re: music production toolkit can only do 32 voices?

I dont know if you know this but in order to get the EXTRA tracks you paid for, your gonna ALSO have to get an i-Lock key fro $40.00. the license for the MPT is sotred on an i-Lock.
You cant just load the upgrade and then its works. you have to have the i-Lock plugged in and authorized. Sorry
Old 01-31-2007, 08:59 PM

Default Re: music production toolkit can only do 32 voices

I do have the ilok, and I did check ilok.com and verified the music production toolkit license is there. Then I synchronized my ilok just in case it was out of sync with the website. Again, I created new session, created 32 mono audio tracks, created 1 audio track, out of available voices. Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Chris
Old 01-31-2007, 09:25 PM

I'm pretty sure that in order to run 48 with LE you need another external hard drive for audio on top of the one you are already using. That was my understanding, but I may be wrong.

1 external 7200 HD = 32
2 external 7200 HD = 48 w/ Music Produciton Tool Kit

Look into the compatability sections on the website.

Mike.
Old 01-31-2007, 09:32 PM

Quote:
I'm pretty sure that in order to run 48 with LE you need another external hard drive for audio on top of the one you are already using. That was my understanding, but I may be wrong.

1 external 7200 HD = 32
2 external 7200 HD = 48 w/ Music Produciton Tool Kit

Look into the compatability sections on the website.

Mike.
Not true at all.

Check to make sure the .bundle file is in your Pro Tools folder (installed from the MPT Installer CD), you need that file and the iLok authorization to get the extra tracks happening.
Old 02-01-2007, 09:48 AM

Well that's good news. That was the main reason I haven't bought the MPT.

Mike.
Old 02-01-2007, 07:09 PM

Quote:
...Then I synchronized my ilok just in case it was out of sync with the website.
When you say "synchronized" - are you actually downloading the license to your iLok or simply syncing the iLok with your computer?

I don't mean for that to sound patronizing, but syncing is the operation to let the computer identify the iLok. After syncing, you can download your pending license to the iLok itself.
http://www.BrentFrederickMusic.com
Old 02-04-2007, 08:49 PM

OK, well...it took some concentrated effort, but I finally figured it out. Short answer - I was using the PowerPC based MPT on an intel mac. Wanted to update this thread in case it comes up in a search in the future.

Long answer:

When I originally received the 002R and MPT, along with a new Mac Pro, there was a flurry of installs to do. For many of the items, I was wary that there were PowerPC based versions, and Intel Mac based versions, most notably - PT itself. I even wandered around the compatibility pages and picked up on new versions of Xpand, Smack, etc. that were for intel-mac (I probably only figured that out after they didn't show up in PT plugins).

For some reason I never found an intel-mac version of MPT itself, only the plugs that came along with it. But, as it turns out, there is an intel-mac version of MPT, and today I happened to stumble across the link here:

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...1&itemid=23990

The "normal" place would be here:

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...54&langid=100&

and if it had been there, I probably would have had a better chance of running across it. In fact, I suspect it is really supposed to be under "Pro Tools Software and Drivers" drop down list since DV toolkit is there, but that is a problem for Digi to solve. No thanks to them, I've spent the better part of an evening tracking this down (the "if you want support you will pay for it" idea really motivates one to solve one's own problems, eh?), but I can't complain too much...as I'm riding high with 48 voices now.

Thanks to those that attempted to help.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:08 AM
Administrator

The main download page for the 7.1.1 toolkits is here:
http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...4&itemid=22949

In case this helps in how to find these and other downloads in the future, you can get there a few ways in the support section.

1 - Choose Pro Tools LE 7.1.1 Mac from the Pro Tools LE list at the top, then click on the Downloads tab:
Pro Tools LE & M-Powered v7.1.1 Optional Software Bundle Installers

2 - From the Featured Downloads Quick Link in the Support section:
Pro Tools LE 7.1.1 for Intel-based Macs->Other Downloads — Pro Tools LE 7.1.1 Downloads section

3 - In the support Search window at the top, type:
Music Production Toolkit
and search in Downloads

4 - Or from the All Products List at the bottom of the support section:
Music Production Toolkit->Downloads
http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...&categoryid=36