Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2008, 08:58 AM

Default 5.0 to 7.4

Okay, 8 years since I posted.

I'm upgading to a new 003 system macpro this month. Will it recognize my 5.0 sessions or should I start consolidating all my individual tracks (to fly them in).
Old 11-15-2008, 09:09 AM

Default Re: 5.0 to 7.4

They should open fine. Congrats on remembering your login info after 8 years!
Old 11-15-2008, 12:16 PM

Default Re: 5.0 to 7.4

you will just have to save the sessions (just save, not save as... or save copy in...)once you open them and it will create a nice new shiny PT7 session file right next to the PT5 session file. Def don't need to fly them in. Get ready to grin ear to ear when you see the difference with PT7 and the crazy power of the Mac Pro. Might be a couple days of learning curve with PT7, they moved some stuff around, and then PT8 will be out in less than a month and it has some layout changes as well. Also don't forget if you have Leopard on the Mac Pro you need 7.4.2 and it must be installed by itself with no prior version (i.e. 7.4) on the machine. 7.4.2 is a full installer. Then just make sure all your plugin that you load are the most current Leopard compatible versions. Hope this helps! Happy Mac Pro-ing!