Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 09:21 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools LE 7.1.1 for Intel-based Macs

Running Pro Tools 7.1.1 on a Mac Pro with the 002R.

Strangely, i've been getting the -6086 error for the silliest of things.

I opened a session from 6.7 to finish my mix with all the added power I just bought, but Pro Tools stops playback whenever I try to do anything to the mix. Well, almost anything... strangely enough, I was able to add 3 Smack! plugs during playback without a hitch, and then randomly while opening the plug menu to add another, playback stopped and I was told to increase my buffer which is already at 1024. So I pressed spacebar again, and playback started up perfectly.

Am I just making some noob-like oversight? Anyone else experience this?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mac Pro
2 x 2.66ghz
2 gigs RAM
160g System Drive
500g Secondary Drive

DIGI 002R Factory Bundle
Music Production Toolkit
002r

Lot's of firewire trouble.
Old 08-25-2006, 02:24 PM

Quote:

I'm not on a MacPro but... do you have anything plugged into the other FW port on the back of the 002r? If I try to run LE with isight plugged in there, I get these errors. I can only use isight in this port if I'm not running PTLE.
Old 08-26-2006, 02:45 PM

Quote:

That error makes me friggin' crazy! I get that on a Dual 2.7 and hope I won't ever see it again when I upgrade to a Mac Pro.

Good luck.
Old 09-06-2006, 06:39 PM

Im running 7.1.1 on an Intel iMac. I've temporarily fixed the problem. I would not be surprised if magically showed up again soon. I've been running 7.1.1 for a while with great success. But just today I was bouncing some songs to disk and noticed 1) That one of the songs had outside noise (me practicing on a drum pad) in the bounced file. A microphone wasn't on or anything (which I'm pretty sure wouldn't record outside noise even if it were on). And even before that, when I was bouncing another song, a song I had playing in iTunes while bouncing the file, came out very faintly in the background. Then there was a problem, where the master track and the aux track with the click on it were slightly lighting up the meter (obviously while the session was stopped). I didn't have the headphone jack of my speakers in, and then when I put it in, a very loud bassish noise slowly rises and makes the meters go to red. I didn't change anything in my system that I'm aware of. Anyone have an idea what went wrong?
Old 09-12-2006, 07:29 AM

I have a massive problem with -6101 Errors. I cannot record, play or even bounce one Audiotrack (of course without any plugins). Always after a short while (20 secs to 2 Minutes) I recieve a CPU Overload message. (CPU Usage of Protools is 9-14% (Activity Monitor))

Increasing Buffer Size to 2048 Samples, DAE Buffer to 8 or deactivating One CPU Core doesn´t help.

Any solutions ? Protools is completely not useable (fortunately the Windows Version works through Boot Camp).
Never have so many problems with Core Audio and DAW Software since Protools&MBox2.

MacBook Pro 1.83, 1.5 GB RAM, OSX.4.7, Mbox2 (latest Firmware), PT LE 7.1.1cs1
Old 09-12-2006, 08:39 AM
Avid

Quote:
I have a massive problem with -6101 Errors. I cannot record, play or even bounce one Audiotrack (of course without any plugins). Always after a short while (20 secs to 2 Minutes) I recieve a CPU Overload message. (CPU Usage of Protools is 9-14% (Activity Monitor))

Increasing Buffer Size to 2048 Samples, DAE Buffer to 8 or deactivating One CPU Core doesn´t help.

Any solutions ? Protools is completely not useable (fortunately the Windows Version works through Boot Camp).
Never have so many problems with Core Audio and DAW Software since Protools&MBox2.

MacBook Pro 1.83, 1.5 GB RAM, OSX.4.7, Mbox2 (latest Firmware), PT LE 7.1.1cs1

Which USB port are you using? With the MacBook Pro, you should be using the right side USB port.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:41 AM
Avid

Quote:
Im running 7.1.1 on an Intel iMac. I've temporarily fixed the problem. I would not be surprised if magically showed up again soon. I've been running 7.1.1 for a while with great success. But just today I was bouncing some songs to disk and noticed 1) That one of the songs had outside noise (me practicing on a drum pad) in the bounced file. A microphone wasn't on or anything (which I'm pretty sure wouldn't record outside noise even if it were on). And even before that, when I was bouncing another song, a song I had playing in iTunes while bouncing the file, came out very faintly in the background. Then there was a problem, where the master track and the aux track with the click on it were slightly lighting up the meter (obviously while the session was stopped). I didn't have the headphone jack of my speakers in, and then when I put it in, a very loud bassish noise slowly rises and makes the meters go to red. I didn't change anything in my system that I'm aware of. Anyone have an idea what went wrong?

It definitely sounds like you have an open mic on during the bounce. Any audio being fed into Pro Tools during a bounce will be included in the bounce if there is a track set to that input.
Old 09-12-2006, 10:18 AM

I have tested both USB Ports.

On the other USB Port I have attached an USB Hub with an optical mouse and Logic Pro XSKey.

I have no problems recording and playing audio with Logic Pro 7.2 through the MBox, also with high CPU demanding projects and a buffer of 32 Samples !
Old 09-12-2006, 07:24 PM

I just bought the MBox2 fActory and I also bought the new IMAC...I go to the website ..have all my products registered and have my authorization code enter it ... I get "not a valid code" whats up with that? Can anyone give me an idea..I was particular as to the caps or not ..I did spacing ..I did capital i's in the digi I did small I's I did small 'l's can someone give me a clue?
Old 09-22-2006, 08:51 AM

Posted this a while ago...

"I've just bought a intel mac book (dual 1.83, 512 RAM) and an mbox 2 running the latest update of pro tools (7.1.1 cs..etc).
I just bought an external firewire Hd that I will get in a few days, but I still started testing the system this weekend.
When I play Xpand! (piano) and record one audio chanel I keep getting the -9128 message , (cpu overload) and the recording stops/or playback stops. I've got the new version of Xpand for intel. The same thing happens when I run Reason with Rewire, even if I only play back a drumloop. Seems imposible that this simple task can cause such a stress on the CPU. I plan to get more RAM as well but still think I should be able to run a drumloop from reason and record on track without break down.
I've tried different settings in the audio engine but can't really see any difference. I don't have any old plugs in the digi folder or nothing else installed but Pro tools, no internet.. nothing. I've searched threads here and see that some people have had the same problems, but I still haven't found a solution. I know the internal HD is slow etc, but I could run 20x more stuff on my 7 year old pentium 3 (450Mhz-512RAM) so I know there must be a bug somewhere"

The external HD (400 firewire with 911 chip" is up and running now but I still get loads of 9128 messages, and I've checked all the general trouble shooting stuff on this forum. Very frustrating cause playback/recording stops when this happens. Only trying to run a string pad from xpand + 3 audio tracks. the cpu meter is only on 5-10%. The Mbox is in the recomended usb port.
Anyone? Starting to piss me off to be honest...seems like I'm not the only one with this problem...oh, I've got the newest intel updated for all the ignition pack plugs and no other plugs installed.
Closed Thread