Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2014, 08:55 AM

Default Where is Joe Meek?

How do I go about getting a license for the Joe Meek bundle? I have downloaded the installers but I can't find the license available anywhere on the avid store, or in my account (I thought at one point it my have been included in my 10/11 upgrade...)

What am I missing? thanks for any help!
Old 05-09-2014, 10:09 AM

Default Re: Where is Joe Meek?

Wow...I've been digging around for about 30 minutes looking for it, I don't see it either. Odd. Maybe get a license on E-bay from a trusted seller?

Here you go...I guess you can buy it from Sweetwater. I also cannot find a place to buy it on the store...

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/JOEMEEKBundle
Old 05-09-2014, 10:36 AM

thanks, nice to know I'm not just being an idiot anyway!

I'll look around at some retailers - it was the fact it doesn't seem to be in the store that made me wonder if it was actually bundled with something already, now - all in favour of paying for it, just not twice!
Old 05-09-2014, 10:55 AM

Is this what you're looking for?

http://www.avid.com/US/products/JOEMEEK-Bundle

Oh, I see. No place to buy it.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 05-11-2014, 01:59 AM

I got licences for the joe meek plugs as part of Producer Factory Pro with my 003. I see 003 factory iLoks for sale on ebay from time to time.

If you find one of those iLoks it would also give you licences for quite a few other plugs that all unlock the current AAX versions ...

See here for details of Producer Factory Pro info http://www.avid.com/US/products/Producer-Factory-Pro

Note ... Sound Replacer is irrelevant now, its incorporated into Pro Tools. TL Everyphase and Cosmonaut Voice haven't been ported to AAX. The Classic Compressors, Moogerfooger, and Te-Ray delay plugins are all still useful. Personally I don't use those compressors as I have a UAD card and their versions are much better, but I do use the Moogerfooger stuff and the delay.

Guess you could pick up one of those iLoks pretty cheap nowadays.

Also, if you can get hold of Music Production Toolkit 2 there are some plugins that are well worth having. At one pont retailers were officially selling off MPT2 stock for £69 (no longer though I think).

If you can pick up MPT2 it would include licences for the following plugs that all have working AAX versions ....

Eleven LE, which unlocks the full version of Eleven in the AAX version
Smack LE, which does the same,
TL Space Native, which unlocks the new AAX Space, including surround capability if you are running HD these days,
AIR Structure LE and Hybrid, which may get you a discount on the current AIR AAX Instrument Expansion Pack (you might have to jump through hoops though, they look for evidence of purchase, but possession of the iLoks licences may suffice, you'd have to check.

Hmmm ... someone is selling MPT1 on ebay currently for $40. The item number is 271462484884, but that would only give you Space and Smack, because the others were only added in MPT 2. However ..... BEWARE ..... reading between the lines I do not think it comes with the iLok, it's just the box! The seller doesn't mention the iLok, but talks about key codes .... the codes that came in the box were used to obtain the iLok licences, so I guess the seller has already used the codes anyway, makng them useless to anyone else ... unless he's selling the iLok licences its a waste of money and time buying that.
Digi 003 Console for control surface only, Focusrite OctopreLE and MOTU Traveler for extra analog-ADAT conversion, UAD Apollo Quad Silver with Thunderbolt card, Apollo x4 and pci-e Octo, Adam A77X monitors.
Pro Tools 2022.4, Media Composer 8.9, Sibelius 8.7, Cubase Pro 11, Wavelab Pro 11, Logic Pro X 10.5.1, Mainstage 3.
Various apps, soft synths, FX plugins.
Plenty of hardware synths, rack gear, microphones etc.
And then there's the studio ;-)