Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2013, 03:06 PM

Default Re: Control|24 and ProControl with Pro Tools 11?

In my area, there are lots of Control 24s. Ever since PT 11 came out, when I'm talking shop with my peers, they ask "have you tried 11 yet?" The discussion involving new features is usually short (64 bit, offline bounce, etc.) but then, it always comes around to "but they killed support for the Control 24 and the Pro Control". I haven't worked anywhere yet that has gone to PT 11. This whole thing is such a shame. It didn't have to be like this.
Old 09-27-2013, 10:05 PM

Hey so are the pro controls - HD only?

I sold my HD card and license about 2 yrs ago but the pro controls are soo cheap - I can get a main unit and a fader pack cheaper than a Artist Control series !!

PT10 is running great - hardly fire up 11- b/c of no BFD3 yet
D-Command Main Unit - 'Ole Blue

http://www.sknoteaudio.com/ plugins rock and are affordable.

Last edited by YYR123; 09-28-2013 at 08:04 AM.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
Since were talking about alternate explanations and analogies to explain this current situation the pro control users find themselves in let me offer one as well.....

Founding fathers of this great nation did not give Congress the ability nor the power nor the right to charge a federal income tax

And while I wholeheartedly agree with their reason not too allow them and I understand why they chose not to it's still does not change the fact that the 14th amendment was ratified and passed as law.....

So regardless of how I feel about Congress charging a federal income tax that will not change the facts !!! if I cease to pay my income tax the IRS will put the hurt on me big time....

- think about it - it's more correct that you can imagine
Investing in AVID products sure does feel like paying tax,s
every year
and were still waiting on our AAX returns
Old 09-28-2013, 06:52 AM

Id bet 5 bucks that AVID wants to release a new C/24 mkIII or something.
If we think were pissed of now , just wait until we buy the C24 and next year avid announces that it is no longer current and your five years is ticking.

If I ever get another C24 thing it wont be the current C24 because there probly selling off inventory to make room for the new product.

THINK ABOUT IT.

C24 is being sold for 6000 NEW in some stores now
Just like TDM cards were selling cheap just a year or two ago.

DOES THAT MAKE SENSE NOW

DONT BUY C/24 its finnished already
Old 09-28-2013, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wuzup View Post
Id bet 5 bucks that AVID wants to release a new C/24 mkIII or something.
If we think were pissed of now , just wait until we buy the C24 and next year avid announces that it is no longer current and your five years is ticking.

If I ever get another C24 thing it wont be the current C24 because there probly selling off inventory to make room for the new product.

THINK ABOUT IT.
C24 is being sold for 6000 NEW in some stores now
Just like TDM cards were selling cheap just a year or two ago.

DOES THAT MAKE SENSE NOW

DONT BUY C/24 its finnished already
to me, it makes tons of sense...to the privileged class, 5 years is a totally acceptable amount of time to enjoy a product...get with the times....things aren't built and/or meant to last (even though everyone loves their control 24 and they work terrific!) well except for the intentional slaughter they experienced. BUT according to the wisemen...that is perfectly acceptable!

On a different note....Does anyone know the Protools 11 sales figures? Has it been meeting sales expectations?

------------------------------------------------------
¨WHERE´S MY CHECKBOOK?¨
https://soundcloud.com/louieshowers

Last edited by louieshowers; 09-29-2013 at 02:54 PM.
Old 09-29-2013, 02:50 PM

Is anyone actively working on getting these old surfaces up and running again?
Old 10-02-2013, 10:44 AM

Unfortunately it looks like a no.....when you consider that the command 8 is still working under PT11 it can't be such a large step to have the Control 24 on which is was based to also work.

Again all points to the conclusion that the control 24 and pro Control were assassinated, a premeditated act, not by chance or coincidence. Very disappointing.

As I've said before this means my HDX upgrade money will just have to be spent with another company.

Cheers Scotsman
Old 10-03-2013, 07:41 AM

Default Control 24 Compatibility

As a die hard digidesign and now AVID audio professional, the upgrade of PT11 is a no brainer. I have upgraded every version since PT7 and been excited and thrilled each time.

I use a control 24, not necessarily because of the desire to cut costs, but because I love the board, the preamps. It works for me, so when I reupped my waves update plan and patiently await UAD to go AAX I downloaded PT trail just to mess with all the great new features.

That is, only to find that my ethernet controller was not showing up.

Look I get 3rd party surfaces and I get that Avid didn't directly make the Control 24...but this truly shouldn't be THAT big of a deal to accommodate the thousands of us out there that keep our gear in pristine condition and stay loyal to your brand. I know I can trade in for a new board for a discount, but I can't believe that supporting a control such as mine is out of the question.

Please reconsider, it's a bit of a spit in the face if you tell me. I truly believe you will come through on this one, I'd just rather not wait a year and be stuck with PT10 in the meantime...

As a die hard digidesign and now AVID audio professional, the upgrade of PT11 is a no brainer. I have upgraded every version since PT7 and been excited and thrilled each time.

I use a control 24, not necessarily because of the desire to cut costs, but because I love the board, the preamps. It works for me, so when I reupped my waves update plan and patiently await UAD to go AAX I downloaded PT trail just to mess with all the great new features.

That is, only to find that my ethernet controller was not showing up.

Look I get 3rd party surfaces and I get that Avid didn't directly make the Control 24...but this truly shouldn't be THAT big of a deal to accommodate the thousands of us out there that keep our gear in pristine condition and stay loyal to your brand. I know I can trade in for a new board for a discount, but I can't believe that supporting a control such as mine is out of the question.

Please reconsider, it's a bit of a spit in the face if you tell me. I truly believe you will come through on this one, I'd just rather not wait a year and be stuck with PT10 in the meantime...
Old 10-06-2013, 03:44 PM

When you see all the work Avid have been doing on their new controller you can see where the resources have been going! but if a command 8 driver could be written then it would not be a big step for the control 24?

Note when it wrote "avid" the spelling checker changed it to "acid", coincidence?

I couldn't say

Cheers Scotsman
Old 10-12-2013, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsman View Post
When you see all the work Avid have been doing on their new controller you can see where the resources have been going! but if a command 8 driver could be written then it would not be a big step for the control 24?

Note when it wrote "avid" the spelling checker changed it to "acid", coincidence?

I couldn't say

Cheers Scotsman
Just reinforces the fact that creating a 64bit compatible personality file for these controllers is a simple thing if one has the source code. There's no magic and not a lot of work to get this done.
Come on Avid and show us you are not mean spirited. Don't have to support the PC and Control24 just put the 64bit files in PT11. Please.