Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-23-2005, 11:15 AM

Default OT - the search facility isn\'t working for me...

For some time, I've noticed that my searches are showing a seemingly random selection of threads which don't neccessarily contain my search criteria. I've tried everything. Anyone else experiencing this?

10.3.7, Safari 1.2.4
Old 08-23-2005, 11:29 AM

Default Re: OT - the search facility isn\'t working for me...

Working fine for me. Are you using quotation marks to narrow your search terms? i.e... if you search for "time code" using quotation marks you'll get results where the words 'time' and 'code' appear next to each other. If you don't use the quotation marks, then you'll get a lot more results as it will pull any threads that have the words 'time' and 'code' in them, even if the two words are nowhere close to each other in the thread. It's the same principal as google.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:43 AM

Thanks for the tip.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:56 AM

Use the + (plus) sign before multiple words to narrow the search down. If you type EQ Focusrite, you will get every result that mentions an EQ or any Focusrite product. However, if you type +EQ +Focurite, it will narrow your search to only those posts which have both of those words present.

hope it helps
Old 08-24-2005, 02:33 PM

Conversely, use the "-" key to ignore certain words. Looking for info on Focusrite compressors but not EQs...

+Focusrite +compressor -EQ