How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2015, 06:39 PM

Default Help Needed with Midi / External Devices

Hello all,

I've been through YouTube videos and searched and searched before finally registering to ask for community assistance. Long time lurker, first time poster.

I've been running PT10 for a couple of years. My setup in an UA Apollo Quad into an iMac on firewire. I have an external Novation Impulse 61 USB midi keyboard that is connected via USB that is properly configured on the automap sequence.

My question is, I just picked up an external synth module (a Roland XV-5050) so help lighten the system load on virtual instruments. I have run a midi cable from the out on the Impulse to the Roland and have the outputs of the Roland running into the UA. When sampling tracks I can hear everything perfectly.

My problem is I record some midi notes in Pro Tools on a midi track. I am setting the output to Impulse and it is not triggering the Roland. I have gone through every set up I can think of but I am not getting the midi data triggered out of PT through to the rackmount.

Can anyone help?
Old 07-13-2015, 06:57 PM

Default Re: Help Needed with Midi / External Devices

Tried to delete the thread but finally found an answer in an Ableton Live foruce. Had to go to Setup and change the DIN from USB.

Thank you!
Old 07-14-2015, 05:40 AM

Default Re: Help Needed with Midi / External Devices

Good to hear.
thanks for posting the outcome/fix. Its always good to have the fix on record.