How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2012, 05:50 AM

Default cant run 48Khz session prottols 10 with sapphire pro 40

please help with advice
i am running sapphire pro 40 interface (legacy firewire drivers ) to protools 10
on windows 7 pc
I am trying to open project file that was brought over from HD192 studio
project loads and informs me interface is changed from Hd (would i like to use sapphire pro 40) so I click yes my i/O are also configured correctly
(sapphire is allready set to 48kHz 24bit that is original session settings for Hd project)
project loads and audio appears but on playback am met with message
'problem with audio clock source check settings ' so no playback at all

evn though all settings are identical

sapphire seems to run fine in 44'1kHz setting (providing i set session at this rate when creating a new project folder but again if i firstly set sapphire to 48Khz then try to create a 48Khz session it arrives at the message
'session parameters have changed please restart protools ' on trying either save or dont save option here when closing to restart I end up with coming back to same 'session parameters have changes please restart prompt '

I need help badly here to resolve this as at moment it seems i can only run tools in 44'1 Khz session and need despirately to be able to open/ or create session formats at 48Khz
I have several projects on the go that are make or break for me to time and this hinge is severly restricting what i can ( with the HD 192 project im trying to load and run i effectively cant run it at all at moment )

please if anyone has any help and advice to throw this way I am eternally gratefull Im new to tools but this problem really is restricting me at present with transferrence of project materials
Old 01-23-2012, 08:20 AM

Default Re: cant run 48Khz session prottols 10 with sapphire pro 40

Clock setting is not the same as sample rate.

Open the Session setup window and check what the clock source is set to. If you don't have a reference clock but the HD192 studio did then you might be trying to lock to Word Clock etc that isn't there. Set it to Internal and you should be good to go.

Ceri
Ps always nice to see a solidly Welsh name appear on here :)
Mix Tech/Assistant Sound Editor
Old 01-24-2012, 05:57 PM

Default Re: cant run 48Khz session prottols 10 with sapphire pro 40

all the settings in protools link same as sapphire
clock setting is set to internal in both pro tools and sapphire but it still wont run and comes up with 'problem with audioclock check settings prompt '
have tried every plausible permutation as i understand theorem of internal word clock

also noticed that on session settings gui in protools 10 start point time is saying 01:00:00 whilst clock time is saying 00:00:00

however sessions that do work for me in protools 10 (44.1 Khz ) or at least i can initiate to run playback have the both times set to 0:00:00

please if anyone else may have a pointer to how i might solve this baffler id be gratefull
Huw