How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Tips & Tricks
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2010, 01:47 PM

Default 2000 free Q-clone impulses

http://www.gearslutz.com/board/music...e-presets.html

Happy new year everyone - I have been bemoaning the fact that few Q-clone presets exist on the web despite this plugin being out for a number of years.It is truly a wonderful sounding eq and like nebula - it's strengths lie in the sampled gear.I sure hope that this may encourage others to sample their gear and spread the love for this plug.....

In the true spirit of the season I am offering a ton of presets that I have made here in my own studio and also at a studio I recorded piano at recently.

http://www.henryolonga.net/Blog/?tag=q-clone-impulses

I have a whopping 400 MB unzipped in this package alone and with my other packages brings the total to way over that, of free q-clone presets.

I have a package which I have called colour sweet.Not too much subtle stuff here.These presets are usually a combination of pieces of gear in series so they tend to be more application driven.These are in specific folders - one for vocals, another for drums etc they are just my own perceptions of how I would process stuff but the vocals folder may work for acoustic guitars - or the bass stuff on kick drum.Basically - no rules - if it sounds good................Most work went into this package.

I also have five eqs that I have sampled including a 40 year old Pultec.It sounds awesome I believe.Problem is the 3k and 4k bands don't work so I didn't sample them.
I also have a couple of passive eqs,an enhanced Pultec and a desk that Bob Marley and da Wailers recorded on in the 70s - an MCI JH 500 series console.The settings are not numerous but you get the flavour of these pieces of gear.These are just sampled at different frequencies so you can get a general representation of the gear.Not many applications here but you can build your own.

I hope that you will enjoy this small library of mine. I have here assembled a wide selection of sublime and subtle to bizarre sounds.Of course these may not suit every genre or style or even mix but for the person who wants to have the option of outstanding sampled gear - come and get it.These will quickly get you going on the road to achieving a coloured mix. Sampled are high quality eq’s, guitar amps and some surprises as well.

This set is sampled using Orpheus by Prismsound.

It did take many hours to produce these so I hope they come in handy.

Once in a while there is a bizarre bug in the plugin that may either make the volume 12 DBs or – 48 DBs.Most of the presets ( except some amps) were sampled at unity gain so simply get things back to zero and save the presets.Also becasue of this please make sure you trim your track input by maybe 10 - 15 dbs.You don't want a nasty shock...............there are also some really loud presets so please take care when loading them.

I suggest you don't place these in your q-clone folder as it slows down the loading.Place them anywhere and use the open dialogue.Up to you which ever way you wish to go.

Please leave a comment here or on my blog if you enjoy the use of these samples and if you really dig them it willl be of great encouragment to me to sample more stuff.

The other thing you could consider is sampling your own gear and sharing that too…..
Add links of your hardware clones to this thread here or the other existing ones -

Next on the list is a Neve particle 5**3 eq
Old 01-06-2010, 09:12 AM

Default Re: 2000 free Q-clone impulses

Hi,

Thanks Henry, i'll give these a go tomorrow when i'm at the studio! i'm snowed in at home today

I use Q-clone to capture my outboard EQ but haven't tried many presets yet.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:09 PM

Henry - thanks for your generosity! I will check these out.
Old 01-18-2010, 06:14 PM

Thanks Henry... I'm having a bit of fun with the mic modeling files right now..
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 06-23-2010, 05:05 AM

Just posted a tutorial on using q-clone.

http://www.henryolonga.net/Blog/?tag=q-clone-impulses get your free q-clone presets here