Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2003, 10:37 PM

Default Re: No Record Volumes Designated - 10.2.4 problem?

I take that back - I only got that error under 10.2.3. Under 10.2.4, PT doesn't see the MBox at all. The system profiler sees it, but when I start PT, I get an error stating that the hardware either isn't installed or is in use by another program.

Any word from Digi?

-Dave
Old 02-24-2003, 09:22 AM

a SOLUTION!

I just spent an hour and 15 minutes on the phone with DigiDesign. And finally we worked it out. All you need to do is go to
Windows/Show Workspace/
in the HD line and the A column, click on the letter. A few options should show up. It should say R for Record (mine said T for Transfer). We just changed it to R and all problems were solved. sigh.
[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

The tech guy said he would send an email documenting this call, I'll post it as soon as I get it.

good luck, Ave
Old 02-24-2003, 11:28 AM

Ave-

Some people are having problems within the workspace browser itself.....for some reason it won't allow the drives to be changed from transter (t) to playback (p) or record (r) and gives the error messages as mentioned in the above posts....
Old 02-24-2003, 01:03 PM
Avid

For those who aren't able to change their drive allocation in the workspace browser, try quitting Pro Tools and launching Apple's "Disk Utility" application. Select your boot drive (or any other drive that's having the problem), go to First Aid and select "Repair Disk Permisions." Apple recommends doing this any time an OS update or reinstall is done with OS X.

If this doesn't resolve the problem, use the Pro Tools installer to uninstall and then reinstall Pro Tools.

Please let us know how this turns out.

-Jordan
Old 02-24-2003, 05:55 PM

And this is what the digi guy said who helped me.

windows> show workspace> select Record for your hard drives you want to record to.

if that does not work

One user reports that he got this error after installing the Pro Tools 6.0 and the fix was to uninstall Pro Tools and then reinstalling Pro Tools again.

It could also be caused by a corrupt volume.ddb file that is located in the Digidesign Databases folder on each of the hard drives. Try trashing these files and restarting the computer as that should rebuild these files.

Also to make sure that it is not a permissions problem you can run the Disk Utility and under the First Aid tab choose Repair Disk Permissions to see if that resolves the problem.

Hope this helps

ave