Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2010, 11:19 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools LE on new MacBook Pro I7

i have a brand new 15" Macbook Pro i7 2.66 Ghz that i bought yesterday () which works fine with the Mbox micro running PTLE 8.0.3.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:51 PM

has anyone tried running OS 10.6.2 on the i7 macbook pro? Any different results? I'm able to run PT with my mbox2 mini and the 002r, but both interphases crash everything else. (iTunes, Logic 8). Putting the usb cable in the front port didn't help. :-(
Old 04-29-2010, 06:03 AM

So, I got the mbox2 mini working with Pro Tools, Logic and iTunes. As someone else suggested, I put it through a powered USB hub. The hub is plugged into the front usb port. Interesting that when I had the hub in the rear port, and the Mbox in the front port, everything crashed.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:41 AM

I am having the same problems. After installing Pro Tools 8.0.3 on my MacBook Pro 17 inch, 2.66 i7, Pro Tools would freeze when opened and my whole system crashed when connected to mBox2. I followed an earlier poster's advice to use the USB port closest to Express Card. It appears to be working fine when I use that port, but I remain nervous about this. Need to be careful not to use the wrong USB connection or you put your OS at risk. Avid PLEASE update so we can be more secure about this!
Old 05-04-2010, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy32 View Post
I am having the same problems. After installing Pro Tools 8.0.3 on my MacBook Pro 17 inch, 2.66 i7, Pro Tools would freeze when opened and my whole system crashed when connected to mBox2. I followed an earlier poster's advice to use the USB port closest to Express Card. It appears to be working fine when I use that port, but I remain nervous about this. Need to be careful not to use the wrong USB connection or you put your OS at risk. Avid PLEASE update so we can be more secure about this!
This has nothing to do with avid, rather apple! Their latest greates imac's, macbookpro's, macbook's all have this unequal usb thingy.
Even some older model had this, but with the brand new series, it seems to be worse.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:03 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy32 View Post
This seems to be the best solution at the moment. We're working on a fix that should allow use of any port on those machines, but there's no guarantee yet, as we still have implementation and testing to do.

Previous models of Mac have had this requirement as well (using a specific USB port), so it's nothing terribly odd or unusual and you shouldn't worry about it!
Old 05-04-2010, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
This seems to be the best solution at the moment. We're working on a fix that should allow use of any port on those machines, but there's no guarantee yet, as we still have implementation and testing to do.

Previous models of Mac have had this requirement as well (using a specific USB port), so it's nothing terribly odd or unusual and you shouldn't worry about it!

i'd be glad to swing by and have you set up my computer ...digidesign's only like 5 bart stops away :)

this problem is driving me nuts. whats the eta on the fix? and will it resolve the h/w buffer and audio clock issues i've been having on my new i5 macbook pro that is running xp for le 8? neither usb is letting me use protools properly.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:48 AM

I had problems with the rear USB port, but the front USB port seems to be working ok so far.

I'm running OS 10.6.3, new 17" i7, MBox Micro, PT 8.0.3.

I haven't tried my 002R yet.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:23 AM

im in the same situation. just got new MBP i7 15. even with 803cs2 update still crashes while loading.

however i have tried the front usb port as suggested by someone and success!

havent had the chance to test with my 003 as yet
Old 05-06-2010, 02:13 AM

Sorry to hear about all these problems you're all having...i just wanted to say that all is fine here, i'm using a PTLE 8.0.3 with an Mbox micro and PT M-Powered 8.0.3 with a lightbridge and all is working great with my new i7 Macbook Pro. This machine is amazing! So far i've only had time to work on a couple of sessions with 9-10 drum tracks, 2-3 bass tracks, 6-8 guitar tracks with lots of plug-ins and i've never heard the fan, don't even know if there is one...on my black macbook the fan was always on.