Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2001, 05:31 PM

Default Re: Any body checked out that Behringer tube stuff yet?

I'm wondering myself how that tube EQ is. anyone?
Old 01-23-2001, 12:57 AM

Default Any body checked out that Behringer tube stuff yet?

I was looking into maybe getting the T1950.
And was wondering if anybody had heard anything about this stuff i haven't been able to find any reviews or anything.
your feedback will brighten my crappy day at work!
Old 01-25-2001, 09:10 AM

Default Re: Any body checked out that Behringer tube stuff yet?

I have the tube ultragain preamp. Like all the gear in this line, it has two channels of warmth. As far as I know these two channels are identical to the ones in The Magican, only The Magician gives you 8.

The first thing I did was run a guitar and vocal through the warmth channels. I didn't hear any difference. But when I ran an entire mix or a loud enough drum track through it as an insert, the effect was more noticeable. It took some adjusting to notice it more, it takes a lot of gain to get these meters moving. The effect is very subtle, but once you hear it everything sounds better.

I am planning on getting the eq, ultrafex and possibly the compressor from this line. With 2 warmth controls on each. I will have 8 warmth controls as a bonus. I don't think I would buy the Magician just for the warmth controls, it's not that big of a difference. But I will use the warmth channels since I will have them available to me on the above mentioned pieces.