Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2013, 08:16 AM

Default SC48 Channel Fader showing as "OFF"

Hi,

I home someone can help me.

Our church has an SC48.

This morning during our service the LCD above one of our faders changed from the channel name to showing the word "OFF". The fader no longer operated.
The channel still worked and audio was working for the channel. We could adjust the fader on the screen with the mouse - but this was not reflected on the fader on the console.
We patched another fader to the same input and this worked fine.
After a while, the fader name changed from "OFF" back to it's proper channel name and worked fine.
We manipulated the fader (being gentle) to see if it might be a hardware problem with the fader and to see if we could recreate the problem. We couldn't and all was OK.
We restarted the console after the service and all was still OK.

Anyone seen this before? Or can offer any thoughts on what the problem is?

Thanks
BD
Old 11-24-2013, 10:23 AM

Default Re: SC48 Channel Fader showing as "OFF"

Its rather easy to make any VENUE fader non-functional (by disturbing it's moves for example) and you can regain control without a restart if you go > OPTIONS > DEVICES > Right Click on the picture of your device and choose RESET. This will not interrupt audio but you will not have control for couple of seconds until the device does the reset. That is for surfaces, I bet resetting a Stage Rack will interrupt audio, haven't tried but I assume it will.
Old 11-24-2013, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristo Kotkas View Post
Its rather easy to make any VENUE fader non-functional (by disturbing it's moves for example) and you can regain control without a restart if you go > OPTIONS > DEVICES > Right Click on the picture of your device and choose RESET. This will not interrupt audio but you will not have control for couple of seconds until the device does the reset. That is for surfaces, I bet resetting a Stage Rack will interrupt audio, haven't tried but I assume it will.
Thanks.
So sounds like a temporary issue hopefully.
The problem didnt reoccur during tonight's rehearsal or service.
So hopefully it wont be a problem.
Old 11-24-2013, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD123123 View Post
Thanks.
So sounds like a temporary issue hopefully.
The problem didnt reoccur during tonight's rehearsal or service.
So hopefully it wont be a problem.
As I was saying, it is rather easy to make a fader go off, by like having your hand on the fader when you change layers or have your headphones sitting on a fader while changing layers or flipping to faders or anything like that. Just reset the controller and you are good to go. Or if the fader is in fact going bad, just replace it. Good luck!