Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2009, 03:54 PM

Default DIGISUPPORT PLEASE HELP!!! PT 8.0.1cs1 freezes during autosave and save

So I love 8.0, since I upgraded and a lot of the DAE errors I was getting with 7.4 I don't get anymore, the only measure of instability I have now is that it PT's will freeze and lock up at random during either auto saves or when I press Ctrl-S. It seems to happen while I'm recording and if I hit space bar or stop to stop the recording while the machine is autosaving. That's the place I've noticed it most. It's very annoying cause once or twice an hour I lose 5 -10 minutes of recording and my musicians have to cover it again. Please advise!

M-Powered 8.0.1cs1 (just upgraded today, but it's been happening with all 3 incarnations, 8.0, 8.01, 8.01cs1)
Asus p5K Deluxe
QuadCore 9300
Windows 7 32-bit
M-audio interfaces - 410/projectmix i/o/1814 (mostly projectmix)
Old 12-14-2009, 04:04 PM

Default Re: DIGISUPPORT PLEASE HELP!!! PT 8.0.1cs1 freezes during autosave and save

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfoody View Post
So I love 8.0, since I upgraded and a lot of the DAE errors I was getting with 7.4 I don't get anymore, the only measure of instability I have now is that it PT's will freeze and lock up at random during either auto saves or when I press Ctrl-S. It seems to happen while I'm recording and if I hit space bar or stop to stop the recording while the machine is autosaving. That's the place I've noticed it most. It's very annoying cause once or twice an hour I lose 5 -10 minutes of recording and my musicians have to cover it again. Please advise!

M-Powered 8.0.1cs1 (just upgraded today, but it's been happening with all 3 incarnations, 8.0, 8.01, 8.01cs1)
Asus p5K Deluxe
QuadCore 9300
Windows 7 32-bit
M-audio interfaces - 410/projectmix i/o/1814 (mostly projectmix)
They will be able to help you faster if you post a sandra, here you go...

To enable other users to help you, please include all of your system details when posting an issue to the DUC; Pro Tools hardware,
Pro Tools software version, CPU, OS version, Motherboard make/model, chipset, amount of RAM, type of hard drives used, etc.

- Please - Use SiSoftware's Sandra Lite application to generate a full system profile:

Sandra Report

Under SiSoftware Sandra, click on "Download & Buy" to download the free Sandra Lite version or purchase other versions.
After installing Sandra, click on the 'Hardware' tab and run the 'Computer Overview', then copy and paste into your post here on the
DUC.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio