Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2007, 10:01 PM

Default \"PT unable to auto backup your session\" Assertion in...

I have a Powerbook G4, OSX.4, 1.67 GHz, 2 M Ram, PT 7.1, 002R, Octopre LE , OWC Mercury Elite PRo 360 GB firewire drive for session/data files. I have Garritan Personal Orchestra (RTAS). I produced a few tracks for a rock band, added some strings, etc. and started getting this error message: PT unable to backup your session: "Assertion in: CNeal0Block.cpp, line 792... The line numbers increase with manual saves and restarts.
I did the vast majority of fixes from the troubleshootin guide, incl. setup, energy saver, pace drivers, trashing prefs, databases and volumes, with restarts, and I dont have any virus protection. I'm a little nervous about re-installing PT cause I had the original version, plus a downloaded upgrade which I had to do twice and still have a couple of files with 6.9 interface hanging around.
In addition to this, I was trying to add a string with GPO on another session, and in record mode, PT would not stop with the space bar, or the mouse. I had to force quit the entire Powerbook.
Any suggestions?
javascript:void(0)
Thanks!

Old 04-20-2007, 09:06 AM

Default Re: \"PT unable to auto backup your session\" Assertion in...

Hi Gordon,

Give this a shot. Create a new Pro Tools session (empty) and then choose File > Import Session data and just bring everything in new. Then try to save or do a Save Copy In if needed. It has helped me before with something very similar, so I thought I would suggest it.

Cheers,
Scott
Old 04-21-2007, 10:38 AM

Thanks Scott, I tried a new session and it won't let me save it!. I get the message: "Assertion in CNeal0Block.cpp at line 1242."
Ouch.

gord
Old 04-21-2007, 10:58 AM

I tried the new session again and it saved, even though I got the message. I then tried recording the midi. This time it would stop, but Igot the message: "could not perform requested operation because of assertion in CNealblock.cpp line 1242."
Also, it did not save what I recorded, the track was blank.
Any more sugg.?

thanks, I really appreciate anyone's help.

javascript:void(0)
Old 08-07-2007, 08:59 PM

I know this is off topic but...

Hey Scott, are you the same Scott Church from Cherokee Recording Studios circa 1984-85?

Drop me a line.

David Eaton
[email protected]
Music Production Toolkit 7.3.1
Apogee Rosetta 200
Old 08-07-2007, 11:59 PM

Generally a neoaccess error means your DigiBase folders are corrupted - delete the folders and files as directed in the sticky Troubleshooting thread. I have seen this also occur when running RTAS Instruments which use up large amounts of RAM... usually restarting Pro Tools helps.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 08-08-2007, 04:33 PM

I am currently recieving a similar NEO assertion Error, ending in CNEOBLOCK as well. I have RTAS plug ins running in the track. How should I configure my session, so i can use the RAM I need without messing up the track?
Old 08-08-2007, 04:45 PM

Well, firstly have you deleted the DigiBase folders? Did that clear the error?

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 08-08-2007, 05:09 PM

where is the thread w instructions on how to delete corupted digibase folders? If this is happening in more then one session would that mean that they are all corrupted, or are they having a problem navigating through external hardrives?
Old 08-08-2007, 05:09 PM

where is the thread w instructions on how to delete corupted digibase folders? If this is happening in more then one session would that mean that they are all corrupted, or are they having a problem navigating through external hardrives?