Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2001, 11:43 AM

Default extension conflicts?

Hello,

I have posted several times about consistent lock-up problems I have had with my DP 500 Mhz G4. I considered multiple extension conflict sets but even when I turned off almost the entire set I still get lock-ups. My friend (who knows more about PCs than Macs) said that it may be that just because the extensions are off does not mean the G4 is blind to their leftover effects. Any comments?

- Could I have another problem making me lock-up?

- Might an HD partition (I only use the stock internal 40 GB HD) help?

- I have never tried reinstalling Mac OS--might this help?

The only time it was stable was when it only had Digi001/PT LE. I had lock up problems with PT LE at first but once I solved them my machine was perfectly stable (using the 9.0.4 base extension set-up recommended by Digidesign in the manual) until I added IE and modified the extension set to run it and also added Napster. Since then it crashes consistently everytime it is on after 1/2 - 1 hour.

Propellerheads Reason 1.0 seems to either not crash or take longer to if I open it only upon start-up or restarting.

Thanks,

dave23
Old 02-12-2001, 08:51 AM
Avid

Default Re: extension conflicts?

If your system is randomly freezing even after a Mac OS Base Extension set, I would suggest a initialization of your system drive with Apple Drive Setup and a reinstall of the Mac OS and Pro Tools software.

Brent
Old 02-12-2001, 03:05 PM

Default Re: extension conflicts?

I was having similar problems with a blue and white G3 for months before Digi finally posted an upgrade on their site to fix this problem.

I got the same old "start with base extensions" excuse too which never helped.

Obviously this is something they need to address with the G4 too.