Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-30-2011, 09:08 AM

Default Feel totally ripped off

Okay, I read the Pro Tools 10 FAQ:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Tools 10 FAQ
Q: I just purchased a Pro Tools HD 9 software upgrade — is there any way I can get a deal on a Pro Tools HD 10 upgrade?
A: Yes. In fact, if you purchased and registered a Pro Tools|HD system, Pro Tools|HD Native system, or Pro Tools HD 9 upgrade on or after October 1, 2011, you're eligible to receive a free upgrade to Pro Tools HD 10 software. If you're eligible and registered your purchase, you'll receive an email with instructions to activate and download your complimentary Pro Tools HD 10 software upgrade.

Q: If I just purchased Pro Tools 9 software or a system that came with Pro Tools 9, do I get a complimentary upgrade to Pro Tools 10 too?
A: Yes, it's possible. If you purchased a Pro Tools 9 product or upgrade within the time period stated below, you're eligible to receive a complimentary software upgrade:

You purchased and registered new Pro Tools 9 software (full version) or a product bundled with Pro Tools 9, including the Mbox family or Eleven Rack, on or after October 1, 2011
You purchased and registered a Pro Tools 9 upgrade or crossgrade on or between October 1–20, 2011

If you're eligible and registered your purchase, you'll receive an email with instructions to activate and download your complimentary copy of Pro Tools 10 software. However, if you purchased a product that included Pro Tools LE, you are not eligible to receive a complimentary Pro Tools 10 crossgrade (you can still purchase a crossgrade though — get it here).
I registered my copy of Pro Tools 9 in September 21, Pro Tools 10 came out in October 20 (30 days later), and I'm not eligible for a free upgrade? Since I'm a student, I don't feel like chipping away $299 for an upgrade I would've gotten for free if waited for 10 days if I knew a new version was coming up