Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2003, 02:23 PM

Default New! Nine Inch Nails. - rumor? not using PT

Alternative Press magazine stated that Trent Rezner isn't using computers for music anymore..

Trent is quoted as saying that he is fed up with the perfected quality of computer-produced music (specifically the use of ProTools software) and that this record was done with alternate methods. There is no specific release
In the upcoming issue of Alternative Press Magazine (the 25 most anticipated artists of 2004) which hits stands the first week of December, one of the artists/albums covered is NIN. The report states the overall vibe and sound of the record and lists some of the people that are involved in the production such as Rick Rubin, Atticus Ross, and Leo Herrera. The official album title is "BLEEDTHROUGH."
For any nin fans out there. It seemed that Trent loved the digital world..
Old 11-24-2003, 05:48 PM

Default Re: New! Nine Inch Nails. - rumor? not using PT

seems like the white stripes beat him to an all analog recording already.

There’s a certain logic to bands just starting out wanting to get their music into Diamond’s hands. He’s the guy who runs Ghetto Recorders, a low-budget, all-analog recording facility located in an old chicken processing plant in downtown Detroit. And, as much as anyone else, he’s the guy behind the visceral, stripped-down sound of Detroit garage rock.
Old 11-26-2003, 09:05 AM

Default Re: New! Nine Inch Nails. - rumor? not using P

Interesting isn't it. To this day I still prefer listening to my old well recorded vinyl records on a really good "audiophile" rig over over listening to CD's. After offering "perfect sound forever" when CD's first came out, we've now come full circle to making that analog sound the holy grail in digital recording and playback. Tubes everywhere, pass through to tape decks, analog emulation software and plug-ins and the list goes on along with the development of SACD or DVD A with higher resolution and 19sk sample rates, all of the above in the quest to sound more like analog.
Old 11-26-2003, 09:40 AM

The grass is always greener. Yesterday's limitations are today's holy grail.
Old 11-26-2003, 01:40 PM

hanzoid -I agree (looked at your site ,saw the pic of the rega arm I used to have a planar 3 but sold it a long time ago ,I miss it.) Although a full Naim system is a very good substitute for cd listening and monitoring as well. I'm actually using a "high end" system to do my monitoring now.
Old 11-27-2003, 08:44 AM

Here you go ! http://www.nothingstudios.com

http://www.nothingstudios.com

Download free music at
http://www.nukmusic.com
nEVER uNDERESTIMATE kNOWLEDGE