Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2011, 05:16 AM

Default Eleven Rack + Fast Track Pro

I'm having issues. I need the two mic pres from the FTP so I connected it to the 11r via spdif. Out to in, in to out. I set the clock on the 11r to external and enabled outputs 3 and 4 on the FTP. I cannot get a signal from the FTP to Pro Tools. Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?
Eleven Rack, Axiom 61
Old 01-07-2011, 06:56 AM

Default Re: Eleven Rack + Fast Track Pro

I don't think it will work that way. From what I can see, the Fast Track Pro does not function as a standalone converter. It's an interface to the computer only, and will only pass audio to and from the computer. The spidf i/o would be when you're using other converters, while still using the fast track as an interface, or for using an effects unit with digital i/o.

So you would need to use the fast track as your interface connected to the computer. Then you can hook up the 11R to it.

Note: This assumes you have Protools 9 or M-Powered.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:24 AM

Yeah, I had that thought. But I swear I read that the FTP can be used as a stand alone convereter....hmmm.

Not a big deal. I haven't used it for about a year and I was messing around. Any other thoughts?
Eleven Rack, Axiom 61
Old 01-07-2011, 11:05 AM

Well, you have a couple of options. I don't know if the fast track works this way, but with the 11R and another Avid/Digi interface, you can have them both plugged in to the computer and switch between them in a session. With PT9, I don't know if this now works the same way with non Digi hardware.

Otherwise, if you're on PT9 or M-Powered, the Fast track can be your main interface. When you want to record guitar through the 11R, you can hook up it's spidf out to the spidf in of the Fast Track and record into your session that way.