Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2022, 02:19 PM

Default What does this mean? Access Denied for reply

Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://duc.avid.com/newreply.php?" on this server.
Reference #18.5a30017.1657919800.9a8a92b

Why not? I could reply a couple days ago?

I cleared browser cache, signed out and back in.

Not sure.
||software: Sonoma 14.2 | PT Studio 2023.12 | Ableton Live 11 | iZotope RX, Ozone, Neutron | Arturia Pigments | Auto-Tune | Dubler2 //
||system: iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 10-Core-i9 | 128GB-DDR4 | 5700-XT-16GB | OWC Thunderbolt Hub and Thunderbolt 3 Dock //
||devices: RME Babyface Pro FS | Focusrite Clarett 2Pre | some AT mics | SM58 | Ableton Push 2 | Sennheiser HD 600 HP // Onkyo TX-8220 SR
||automation: SoundFlow | Stream Deck+ | Keyboard Maestro | SteerMouse | MacOS Shortcuts //
Old 07-15-2022, 03:36 PM

Default Re: What does this mean? Access Denied for reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by nednednerb View Post
Why not? I could reply a couple days ago?

I cleared browser cache, signed out and back in.

Not sure.
I have explained the cause of these errors in this thread and elsewhere, and I have been helping Avid with this. Avid and their hosting partner is working on fixing what I've described. It has nothing to do with browser caches or signing in or out. All you need to know and a proper way to try to address this is already well described in this very thread you are posting a question to. And I've addressed why some remedies will sometimes appear to work, even though they are not a real fix. All you need to do is read...

And Jeffro from Avid just a few posts before yours has asked for example text that still causes problems, and described how to get it to him. Have you done that?
Old 07-15-2022, 05:53 PM

Default Re: What does this mean? Access Denied for reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
I have explained the cause of these errors in this thread and elsewhere, and I have been helping Avid with this. Avid and their hosting partner is working on fixing what I've described. It has nothing to do with browser caches or signing in or out. All you need to know and a proper way to try to address this is already well described in this very thread you are posting a question to. And I've addressed why some remedies will sometimes appear to work, even though they are not a real fix. All you need to do is read...

And Jeffro from Avid just a few posts before yours has asked for example text that still causes problems, and described how to get it to him. Have you done that?
My post was moved here. I did search for the problem. Didn't see an answer.

It's okay!

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
||software: Sonoma 14.2 | PT Studio 2023.12 | Ableton Live 11 | iZotope RX, Ozone, Neutron | Arturia Pigments | Auto-Tune | Dubler2 //
||system: iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020) 10-Core-i9 | 128GB-DDR4 | 5700-XT-16GB | OWC Thunderbolt Hub and Thunderbolt 3 Dock //
||devices: RME Babyface Pro FS | Focusrite Clarett 2Pre | some AT mics | SM58 | Ableton Push 2 | Sennheiser HD 600 HP // Onkyo TX-8220 SR
||automation: SoundFlow | Stream Deck+ | Keyboard Maestro | SteerMouse | MacOS Shortcuts //
Old 07-15-2022, 05:54 PM

Default Re: "Access denied" when trying to post

Now I have seen I will read. I'm sure it's not a big deal and less you could have written would have made me notice.

No biggie. I will read.

Old 07-15-2022, 06:43 PM

It's a good idea to search DUC before posting.

This is a frustrating error. Please file a support case with Avid so Jeffro can get that text looked at. If you can't do that let me know and I'll get in touch with you.
Old 07-15-2022, 06:51 PM

I'm telling you I did search. I did try searching. Before posting, I searched Google.

I didn't see a result. I searched for various samplings of the error message and did not see an answer. I swear I looked and didn't see a post but when my post was moved here...

I swear I would have read more. I will read more. Later, in a couple hours I will read more.

Further, I assure you I searched, will read, and will file a case, if I need to, but I will read more.

A list of 2-3 relevant URLs of threads would take less time if I told you I already search.

Just being redundant for clarity

Old 07-15-2022, 06:59 PM

NARRATOR: he read more
Old 07-15-2022, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
We're finally making some progress here. I have a few chunks of text that previously triggered the error, and after some internal changes I'm able to post them.

If you have any text that causes an error when posting or sending private messages please Create A Case under Account Support to provide that text to us.

Thank you!
I sent some text in a txt file that I cannot paste and send. I opened a new case as suggested. Thanks.
Old 07-19-2022, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nednednerb View Post
I sent some text in a txt file that I cannot paste and send. I opened a new case as suggested. Thanks.
Thank you!
Old 08-07-2022, 01:56 PM

Default DUC Access denied

Why do I get this when trying to post a reply to a thread I started?

Access Denied
You don't have permission to access "http://duc.avid.com/newreply.php?" on this server.
Reference #18.a4ed655f.1659905442.130bb6d4