Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2002, 07:49 PM

Default Feature Request. Re Markers

One cool thing about Performer is that as the track is playing, the markers window will update with a small arrow to show which marker is current being played. It takes awhile to get used to the static display of Pro Tools markers.

Also, it would be great to be able to write in a MARKER DESCRIPTION in the wasted gray space next to each marker in the window...

Thanks for any consideration....
Old 08-07-2002, 08:27 PM

Default Re: Feature Request. Re Markers

Well since you've started this topic...

How about a quick method to change all (or a selection) of markers from Bars and Beats to Absolute.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 08-07-2002, 11:46 PM

Heck .. how about the markers window automatically renumbering the markers for you based on timecode....
ie: say I am in TC display and I create 5 markers at the end of my session first ... I then want to create a marker for the top of my song,which becomes marker 6. It's a drag to have to type " .6. " everytime I want to go to the top, I find myself ALWAYS typing " .1. " ...can't my top of song marker be renumbered so in the window it shows up as marker 1 based on it's TC value.
Old 08-08-2002, 10:03 PM

I agree with you bill, it's a pain when I'm doing post and put a new marking in for an effect near the begining and it's marker number 26 or something. it would be great to have a re-number markers option.
Old 08-09-2002, 12:50 AM

I never had a problem with this lack of feature because I just enable markers in the edit ruler and you can see the markers in relation to the song/audio. Because of this I often keep the marker window closed and just CMD-5 when I need to jump to one,etc.