Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2006, 04:56 PM

Default Feature Request : Sort markers by name

I've tried to find the feature request form on the new digi site, to no avail. I did manage to find the form in the archived support section of the website.

I filled out my request, but who knows if it actually goes anywhere any more.

Anyhow - my request is pretty simple "sort markers by name", we can sort by time - how 'bout name?

I use markers as a means to spot my sessions to run through cutting effects in a logical fashion. If I could actually sort my markers so that all the door action was all in order I could load my door palate and chop chop be done in next to no time. All while still in the door zone and not getting distracted by the prospect of cutting a drawer open.

Anyone else think this might be useful to speeding up your workflow? I could see it working for foley sessions too, where you can spot all the surfaces/shoes and work your way through the reel without changing surfaces/shoes until you're on to your next surface/shoe/character change.
Old 07-17-2006, 11:15 PM

Default Re: Feature Request : Sort markers by name

Now that would be a really nice improvement to my post workflow! It would be so much easier to just browse through the different ambiences etc. using that feature!

Sign me up for that one!