Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2008, 09:59 AM

Default "reading audio file metadata"--key command?

Hi.
PT HD 7.2
OS 10.4.8
is there a stinking key-command that activates the "reading audio file metadata"??????
I really "personally dislike" when I accidentally do something and have to walk away during a feature film mix because it takes sooooo looooong to have PT read all the stuff when I'm (trying not to on PURPOSE) telling it to read metadata.

Yet, when we WANT it to read it, can't make it happen. Haha...

Seems to me it may be Cmd-Option something? I use Cmd-Option brackets a lot for zooming.
Old 08-29-2008, 06:13 AM

Default Re: "reading audio file metadata"--key command?

In my experience this is triggered the first time you right click the timeline. If you switch sessions or reopen it reads it again when you right click in the timeline. And yes, the more complicated a session is, the longer it takes. So a feature file would be a LONG time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floydio View Post
Hi.
PT HD 7.2
OS 10.4.8
is there a stinking key-command that activates the "reading audio file metadata"??????
I really "personally dislike" when I accidentally do something and have to walk away during a feature film mix because it takes sooooo looooong to have PT read all the stuff when I'm (trying not to on PURPOSE) telling it to read metadata.

Yet, when we WANT it to read it, can't make it happen. Haha...

Seems to me it may be Cmd-Option something? I use Cmd-Option brackets a lot for zooming.
Old 06-09-2010, 03:56 PM

Good lord how I dislike the lack of a "CANCEL" feature Please AVID PLEASE let me hit escape to cancel the search - I also end up going for walks when this happens.
Old 10-27-2010, 02:23 PM

Yes please, just chiming in...tired of this one...
best