Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2022, 04:45 AM

Default Pro Tools First not sending audio through 500R8 interface

Hi all,

I'm having a strange problem with a new interface and Pro Tools First. I've been using PT First for about a year and love it, I got it with a Focusrite 2i2 and have had excellent fun and learnt a lot.

I recently got a long term interface upgrade to a Cranborne Audio 500R8 that does all sorts of other thinks too. It works perfectly fine with computer audio such as Spotify and Youtube videos etc. but I am not able to get any audio to come out of PT First. It's able to record into PT First just fine it's just the monitoring that weirdly isn't working. I've been in contact with the Cranborne team and they've helped as much as they can and say I've done everything correctly as far as they can tell.

I've set the playback engine to the correct interface and selected the default output routing to channels 9/10 (photo 1) which is the stereo monitoring channel in the interface (which workes for audio from other applications) and I've configured the interface to receive audio from the DAW (photo 2).

FYI all the drivers for the interface are up to date and PT First is also up to date.

I know PT First has reduced/simplified I/O options compared to the full version. Is there any way to get an expanded I/O options list in PT First? tbh I'm not sure this would help as the audio should be coming through based on the current setup.

Hope you guys can help and thanks in advance,

Peter
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PXL_20220203_121038485.MP.jpg (38.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PXL_20220203_121104473.jpg (76.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 02-03-2022, 01:50 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools First not sending audio through 500R8 interface

I can't see the individual tracks in your project, but make sure they have the output set to the default 9-10 as well. Projects can get stuck using the old output designation when switching interfaces.

System Details
Old 02-05-2022, 04:29 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools First not sending audio through 500R8 interface

Hi Will,

Thanks for the reply. The tracks outputs are also set to 9/10 but it does call these "DAW L/R" but i'm sure its the same as the default output as it comes after "SLOT 7/8 (Stereo).

Cheers,

Peter