Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2011, 09:07 AM

Default Used Eleven Rack...how do I edit?

I bought a used Eleven Rack from Guitar Center yesterday and it came with no software for editing presets or installing audio drivers...which was somewhat expected, but the question is how the heck am I supposed to connect this thing to my PC without proper drivers installed? Where do I get them? I've looked all over the website and found nothing. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Old 06-24-2011, 10:09 AM

Default Re: Used Eleven Rack...how do I edit?

The Eleven Rack comes with a Pro Tools installer disk which includes the drivers you need, since it is a Pro Tools interface. But since you didn't get the software with it, maybe you should contact Avid's customer support to help you out.

Or look around here, and see if you can download the drivers you need....

Eleven Rack Firmware Update

or here...

Driver downloads and updates

Good Luck
Mike

Old 06-24-2011, 10:18 AM

It's really sad that you spent your hard earned money at GC and they cannot/will not help you. If you spent your money with me you'd be recording by now...
[email protected]
631 786 3924

Freelance Mac/Pro Tools tech for hire. Metro New York Area.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcgvh View Post
I bought a used Eleven Rack from Guitar Center yesterday and it came with no software for editing presets or installing audio drivers...which was somewhat expected, but the question is how the heck am I supposed to connect this thing to my PC without proper drivers installed? Where do I get them? I've looked all over the website and found nothing. Can anyone point me in the right direction?
The Eleven Rack GUI window is tied to Pro Tools. It is the sellers responsibility to provide the buyer with the Pro Tools 8.0.x DVD. If it was stated the the 11R did not include any software, then the first owner probably sold the 11R to GC without the PT software.

So if you want to use the 11R GUI, you will need to purchase Pro Tools 8.0.1 or above. If the serial number of the 11R has NOT been used to crossgrade to PT9, then you can purchase PT9 for $249 instead of $599. You can find PT8 LE online for around $100, but PT9 is the way to go if you got the cash.

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 06-24-2011, 09:48 PM

Yeah, I went through something almost similar with my authorization code not working. Basically what I was told by AVID was that if they receipt says USED on it you are out of luck. You could try back with GC to see if they can either track down the original owner and ask if he'll transfer the license (you can download the installer later) or perhaps cut you a break on a copy of LE or even 9.

But without it you can't import or export presets at all which to me kind of defeats the purpose of having all the USB stuff.

Good luck.
Old 06-24-2011, 11:40 PM

GC has a 30 day return policy. Offer to return it if they won't help you. Its also very possible the original buyer included the software and it "got lost" at the store. Theres no reason that they can't sell you a copy of PT8.0 at store cost.

Other than that I would snag a copy of PT8 LE off of ebay.

Formerly Hobo Wan Kenobi

Core 2 Specs Page

ASUS P6T6 Revolution | i7 930 | 12GB OCZ DDR3 1600 7-7-7-20 | PTLE 10 | CPTK | 003 | Presonus D8 | 11Rack | Alesis AI3 | Presonus HP60 | Mercury + Studio Classics | Sound Toys | MasseyPack | Axiom61 | MAudio Keystation Pro 88
Old 06-25-2011, 12:02 AM

Or you can wait for the "Stand Alone Editor"
Well, I wouldn't hold my breath for that But when it comes....

Until then, do what the above said. GC should be able to help you out for a fair price.
Good Luck