Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2005, 08:59 PM

Default MIDI playback fine on PC - can\'t hear it on my Mac

Is this because the Pro Tools 6.9 for the PC has an I/O option for Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth (Emulated) and the Mac doesn't?

The Microsoft GS Wavetable is the only output option on my PC that allows me to hear a playback of the MIDI tracks.

There's nothing wrong with the ability of the Pro Tools 6.9 for Mac to record MIDI tracks - I was able record a MIDI track and then export it and hear it through both QuickTime and play it in GarageBand.

But I worked on the problem for a few hours, and I cannot figure out how to hear a playback of the MIDI track in Pro Tools 6.9 on the Mac. The audio tracks are fine.

Am I doing something wrong, or do I need the Mac equivalent of the MS GS Wavetable?

My Mac is a PowerBook G4 running the latest system software and my PC is running Windows XP.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:49 AM
Avid

Default Re: MIDI playback fine on PC - can\'t hear it on my

Yes, you would need some kind of synthesizer to play back the MIDI data on your Mac. The PC is using the computers sound card - Macs don't have one built in.