Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2001, 10:31 AM

Default Cue Mix monitoring ?

After setting up a discrete cue mix how does one monitor the cue mix so you can hear what the singer in the booth is talking about. You need to monitor the cue mix before you can make the changes. ie " I can't hear my vocal". How are you guys doin' this?
Old 09-24-2001, 02:14 PM

Default Re: Cue Mix monitoring ?

We do it by listening to a pair of headphones connected to the same amp that's feeding the artist's phones.
This is much better than listening thru the speakers, as you get to hear exactly the same mix in the same environment as the artist.
In our studio, there's a phones-out socket in the control room, next to the engineer, with an on/off switch.

Izhar
Old 09-29-2001, 10:47 AM

Default Re: Cue Mix monitoring ?

Patman,
What I do is set up my cue mix off of a send like normal and then assign the output of the send not only to the cue mix but to an alternate set of ProTools output such as 3&4. This allows me to monitor the headphone mix by hitting the "other ProTools sources button. If you want to hear it through the headphones just use the headphone jack on Control|24. Hope this helps, it sure did work for us.