Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2011, 05:06 PM

Default Tracks Out of Synch

Hi. I turned on my system tonight and every song on the disc now plays back with the tracks out of synch. Last time I ran ProTools was two nights ago (and very frequently before that), no issues, normal shut down. I have many recorded songs, never had this issue before. Tonight, it started happening as soon as I turned the machne on. Happens with every song I tried. I exited and restarted PT, same thing. Shut down the box and restarted, same thing. Ran from an external clock source, same thing. No changes were made to the system and nothing seems different from previously except the behavior. This system had been functioning well prior to this.

Any thoughts please?

Thanks,
Charlie

Windows Vista, 4 MB
Digi 002
PT 8 SP 3
Old 06-02-2011, 05:44 PM

Default Re: Tracks Out of Synch

I had this happen with a session a few months ago. After some head scratching, I consolidated the tracks and everything locked up fine. Nothing was moved so I have no idea why it happened, or why that fixed it, but there you go

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 06-02-2011, 05:59 PM

Thanks ! Sorry if this is a dumb question, but what do you mean by "consolidate tracks"? Is this somethiong that you had to do on every song? Are we talking about consolidating regions?

To be clear, all the tracks are looking to be lined up fine in the edit window, they are just playng back out of synch.

Best,
Charlie
Old 06-02-2011, 08:25 PM

Drag the mouse across a track(zoom out so the entire song fits on the screen) so the whole track is highlighted. The go Edit>Consolidate region(or Alt-Shift-3). It makes a bunch of smaller regions into a single continuous region.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave