Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2001, 10:15 AM

Default Paint Fading on C24

Hi fellow C24 users. I remembered a post a few months ago with somebody encountering paint fading on their C24. I thought it could never happen to me, but it is. I haven't had this C24 for but about 4 months. It's not but some tiny spots right now, but I'm concerned of what it will look like a year from now. Don't get me wrong, I love it to death, it's a great unit, I just want it to keep looking that way. I contacted my dealer about an exchange yesterday but haven't heard back if digi will give me a new one...as they should. I'm not going to pay a monthly equipment bill for stuff that's already fading! Anybody else?
Old 10-23-2001, 12:08 AM

Default Re: Paint Fading on C24

mine is fading as well. grrr. I hear digi is replacing them, I just haven't wanted to deal with packaging the thing up yet... sigh.
Old 10-23-2001, 10:15 AM

I called my dealer, digi is shipping me a brand new one witha call tage for me to ship the other one back. It's coming straight to me, I don't have to do anything but swap the board and throw the old one in the box. I won't go a day without a C24. You might look into replacing yours.
Old 10-24-2001, 11:29 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by Hardnox:
I called my dealer, digi is shipping me a brand new one witha call tage for me to ship the other one back. It's coming straight to me, I don't have to do anything but swap the board and throw the old one in the box. I won't go a day without a C24. You might look into replacing yours.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cool, thanks for the info. I'll look into it next week sometime after the project i'm working on is done. Thanks--

ryland