Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2024, 04:24 PM

Default Re: Let's hear your latest stuff....right here

My latest song:

https://youtu.be/YJ5mxF8vHGs?si=t4nH5PmuFV0-XGV_
Old 02-22-2024, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatzer View Post
I'll give this recorded expression 5 stars as a whole. *****

I readily felt the song from end to end.
Real deal feel & emotion + quality production. Really like the sounds of the instruments and soaring tone of the vocal expressions.

The first verses were sang in a predictable manner which is a good thing. I could feel what note was coming next based on the first melodic pattern. Wasn't trying to predict it, that's just what I could feel coming. Very cool that I could feel what you are expressing to the listener.
And isn't it true, a really good new song can give us a moment of auditory Deja vu; as if we've heard it before?
But audible surprises came my way as well.

What I like most is the dynamics. Especially the silence between the strikes that magnify the chorus. A good reminder to all that simplifying, slowing things down and resting during the musical phrase really adds power.
The way it comes across in the vibe of this song really impresses the feeling into the mind & heart.
I have a couple songs I'm trying to apply this kind of dynamic to.

Then I liked (and readily felt) the rhythmic change of the musical feel & vocals in the final sections.

It's it's own unique expression and a strong and inspiring one at that.
Songs of loss & grief do elicit this from us!

I'd say it's on the same level of my fav bands of this genre.
Thank you for posting.

Pro Tools Studio 2022.7|Windows 10 22H2|Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (2nd Gen)|Dell Inspiron 3650|Intel i5 6th gen|16GB RAM|Samsung T5 SSD's|Hitachi|Touro HDD

Toontrack EZdrummer 3|Steven Slate Drums 5.5 + Blackbird Studio EX|Spectrasonics Trilian|Native Instruments Guitar Rig 6

Waves|SSL Native|Fabfilter|Softube|Soundtoys|Nomad Factory

Last edited by take77; 02-22-2024 at 07:41 PM.
Old 02-22-2024, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by take77 View Post
I'll give this recorded expression 5 stars as a whole. *****

I readily felt the song from end to end.
Real deal feel & emotion + quality production. Really like the sounds of the instruments and soaring tone of the vocal expressions.

The verses were resolved predictably which is a good thing. I could feel what note was coming next based on the first melodic pattern. Wasn't trying to predict it, that's just what I could feel coming. Very cool that I could feel what you are expressing to the listener.
And isn't it true, a really good new song can give us a moment of auditory Deja vu; as if we've heard it before.
But audible surprises came my way as well.

What I like most is the dynamics. Especially the silence between the notes that magnify the chorus. A good reminder to all that simplifying, slowing things down and resting during the musical phrase really adds power.
The way it comes across in the vibe of this song really impresses the feeling into my mind & heart.
I have a couple songs I'm trying to apply this kind of dynamic to.

Then I liked (and readily felt) the rhythmic change of the musical feel & vocals in the final sections.

While I've heard the sound & modality before it is still it's own unique expression and a strong and inspiring one at that.
Songs of loss & grief do elicit this from us!

I'd say it's on the same level of my fav bands of this genre.
Thank you for posting.
Thank you so much for that! This song meant a lot so it’s nice to hear such positive feedback.
Old 02-22-2024, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Thank you so much for that! This song meant a lot so it’s nice to hear such positive feedback.
You know what man? Glad to.
Let's get intimate on this.

I just listened to it again (which is what anyone posting can hope for).
A good track gets deeper & deeper with each listen and each section seems to last a bit longer as you get familiar & feel the whole essence of the song.

The song definitely exudes depth of feeling and is inspiring.
I also like the vocal layering and the darkly beautiful & elegant style of the instrumental/solo section.
Like a true dirge should be played.
It inclined the ears, raised the eyebrows with a simultaneous head tilt like true music does. And no doubt will evoke tears for some.

5 stars in my book means there is not one thing I don't like or that detracts from the track.
Even though I said it reminded me of of a couple other bands of this genre I can't pinpoint which ones.
On second listen, this really is it's own thing. Your own feelings & experience. It has a real sound it's own.
Your vocal chords are like .20 gauge and the sound & mix quality of the whole band is to be desired.
If I ever have the means (if I ever) I'll look into Shrapnel Sound Studio.

I'm officially a new listener and this will be added to my new songs of 2024 playlist for more listens.

Best Regards,

Mike

Pro Tools Studio 2022.7|Windows 10 22H2|Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (2nd Gen)|Dell Inspiron 3650|Intel i5 6th gen|16GB RAM|Samsung T5 SSD's|Hitachi|Touro HDD

Toontrack EZdrummer 3|Steven Slate Drums 5.5 + Blackbird Studio EX|Spectrasonics Trilian|Native Instruments Guitar Rig 6

Last edited by take77; 02-22-2024 at 08:54 PM.
Old 02-22-2024, 08:43 PM

Quote:
You know what man? Glad to.
Let's get intimate on this.

I just listened to it again (which is what anyone posting can hope for).
A good track gets deeper & deeper with each listen and seems to lasting a bit longer as you get familiar & feel the essence of it.

The song definitely exudes depth of feeling and is inspiring.
I also like the vocal layering and the darkly beautiful & elegant style of the instrumental/solo section.
Like a true dirge should be played.
It inclined the ears, raised the eyebrows with a simultaneous head tilt like true music does. And no doubt will evoke tears for some.

5 stars in my book means there is not one thing I don't like or that detracts from the track.
Even though I said it reminded me of of a couple other bands of this genre I can't pinpoint which ones.
On second listen, this really is it's own thing. Your own feelings & experience. It has a real sound it's own.
Your vocal chords are like .20 gauge and the sound & mix quality of the whole band is to be desired.
If I ever have the means (if I ever) I'll look into Shrapnel Sound Studio.

I'm officially a new listener and this will be added to my new songs of 2024 playlist for more listens.

Best Regards,

Mike
I appreciate the kind words, truly. And thank you for listening. I’ve heard a few people say it reminds them of a mix between Seether, Staind, and even some Ozzy vibes.
Old 02-22-2024, 09:17 PM

You're welcome.
And EXACTLY!
Seether & Staind but next level.

It's the full-throated-stretch-tone Ozzy inflections that I was trying to pinpoint!
Definitely a compliment being compared to born singers.

Nevertheless, sounding uniquely you.
Give the band props from me as a well.

Last edited by take77; 02-22-2024 at 09:29 PM.
Old 02-23-2024, 07:53 AM

Quote:
You're welcome.
And EXACTLY!
Seether & Staind but next level.

It's the full-throated-stretch-tone Ozzy inflections that I was trying to pinpoint!
Definitely a compliment being compared to born singers.

Nevertheless, sounding uniquely you.
Give the band props from me as a well.
Will do, thanks! I wish I could sing though, I’m just the drummer. lol
I do the production, recording and mixing as well but a singer I am not. lol
Old 02-23-2024, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Will do, thanks! I wish I could sing though, I’m just the drummer. lol
I do the production, recording and mixing as well but a singer I am not. lol
Yeah I went to the Shrapnel Sound Studio page and read the band profile & lineup then realized you're the drummer. lol

In that case, nice drum performance and production Shatzer!
Really like the drum sound along with everything else.

Last edited by take77; 02-23-2024 at 07:26 PM.
Old 02-24-2024, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGS View Post
Here's an ambient/mood track for a YouTube art presentation, made with VIs & Pro Tools. Thnx for checking it out!

https://www.youtube.com/@SevenLinesInTheSand

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspire View Post
Hello Gary!
I was wondering if comments are welcome, hopefully yes!? I didn't rush with my own, as I wanted to give it time to settle.
It was a nice journey and meditation, very soothing. Like cave drawings speaking from before our time and calming music (including the sounds of water) that induces meditation.
Quite mature and sophisticated happening, the kind one sometimes encounters at art exhibitions. I haven't come across such on a YouTube channel before, but perhaps I'm not always present.
"I PAINT LIKE DALI" is a good summary of what was depicted in one pen-on-paper sketch.
I enjoyed it, and thank you for sharing it with us!
Hello inspire!
Thnx for commenting! As for the music track: I was going for an ambient/trippy/flowing/dreamy/"Brian Eno" vibe, to set a mood for the 127 art sketches. I "played" all the VIs on the track; I use the word loosely here. Click the YouTube "...more" video description field for Info/Description of the art project Seven Lines In The Sand. I have currently published 3 books, plus 3 companion YouTube videos. Book/videos #4/5/6/7 will be rolling out over the next two months, to complete the set of Seven Lines. Enjoy!
Click for audio/video demo
Click for resume
Old 02-25-2024, 08:42 AM

Thanks for drawing attention! We are currently on ski holiday in Austria, but if we return, I will show also to my wife and give comments.