Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2008, 12:24 PM

Default Speakerphone & Altiverb stop passing sound

Hi,
Has anyone ever experienced Speakerphone and Altiverb stop outputting sound every once in a while? I use the latest versions on a HD3 rig.
Old 08-30-2008, 01:57 PM

Default Re: Speakerphone & Altiverb stop passing sound

Yes.

I'm pretty sure that this is the same issue that I've been seeing. I've been in touch with Tech support and I've been able to track this down to having an RTAS plugin (like speakerphone or altiverb) inserted AFTER a TDM.

If you scrub any other track (one that doesn't have an RTAS following a TDM), your first RTAS following a TDM track will lose it's output voice. I first saw it with speakerphone, but have reproduced it with any RTAS plugin.

When you mix RTAS and TDM in this order (TDM first), an audio track uses two voices instead of one - one to read from disk and one for the RTAS plugin. I figure that scrubbing another track borrows this same voice - but then forgets to give it back.

I've found a few ways to reactivate the track - you can scrub it, deactivate/reactivate it's output, deactivate/reactivate one of it's plugins... etc. Anything that jogs the track's voice should work.

Tech support is aware of the bug and have reproduced it. It's now in the engineers hands.