Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S4/S6
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2023, 10:06 PM

Default Eucon with Multi-App Abilities

I read here that a Eucon update will allow things like soundflow macros to be triggered from S6 (or other) soft keys and that this is generally due to multi app abilities:
https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/pro...n-to-soundflow

I just wanted to quickly get my foot in the door for sth I have been wishing for a while, which is including the Dolby Renderer and Dolby Atmos Remotes (both similar software for recording Atmos or controlling an RMU) should also be included in these apps.
For a simply reason: When mixing in Atmos, we need to be able to punch into the record (-> re-recording mixing) via the Rec button.
My best workaround for this has been on one softkey to switch the Mac windows via Cmd + Tab as a key softkey (for this the Dolby window needs to be the last opened app other than PT) and then another key softktey on the rec button (don‘t quote me on it but I think it was Cmd + R).
This was a big improvement to mouse-punching in the renderer window, but the logical next step would be to simply connect the rec button and other comands directly or locked to the Dolby app.

Thx + Cheers,
Gregor
Old 04-16-2023, 09:16 AM

Default Re: Eucon with Multi-App Abilities

Hi Gregor,

Isn't the Eucon SDK freely available, at least on the client side?
So I assume it's about Dolby Euconizing the Renderer. I've got David Ziegler at my place tomorrow, so I can ask if there are any plans from Dolby's side.
Old 04-18-2023, 04:43 AM

Yes please, Nico!
I am unaware on which side this can be implemented.
Although I do notice that Dolby discontinued the old theatrical Atmos Remote before introducing a fully functional new one (e.g. reels are currently not supported yet, don't quote me on it but talked about it with an engineer). So they seem to have other things to worry about than Eucon support.
Old 04-18-2023, 06:48 AM

In the Soundflow store there are some Dolby Renderer integrations. With the upcoming Soundflow Eucon integration this should make for some improvements with being able to control the Renderer through programmable softkeys on an applicable Avid control surface.

It would be nice to see Dolby integrate Eucon into the Renderer and this has been asked before and has been left unanswered.