Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-27-2021, 03:51 AM

Default Clips disappear when moved with Insertion Follows Playback enabled [PT-275768 FIXED]

I have been experiencing a soul-crushing bug where simply clicking on (or dragging and sliding) a clip with the grabber/super tool has about a 1 in 100 chance of randomly deleting the clip, nowhere to be found on the timeline, but in the Undo History, the move was called "Clip Slide".

This bug has persisted across two clean installs and a new keyboard / mouse...
Old 10-27-2021, 08:39 AM

Default Re: Clips disappear when moved with Insertion Follows Playback enabled

Yes I'm sometimes getting this. A quick command Z gets it back.I wondered if it was something to do with "auto spot clips" but I think that's probably a red herring
Old 10-27-2021, 10:34 AM

I have reported a similar issue that actually makes the entire selected clip just vanish when hitting play/paus at the same time sliding the clip. It only happens when you have both "insertion follows playback" and "link timeline and edit selection" enabled.

I managed to get AVID support repro this issue after LOOONG research on my end how to figure out how those clips suddenly went missing.

It's supposed to be fixed in the next release, probably coming this Friday. (at the end of October the rep said)

Basically I suggest all of you make a case with bugs here https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...-music-support

Just to get Avid going and don't becoming lazy as they're already "the industry standard"

https://www.avid.com/learn-and-suppo...-music-support
Old 10-27-2021, 10:42 AM

Jchan and simonchase:

I am absolutely over the freaking moon to hear that I'm not the only one getting this clip vanishing bug! Holy !@#$.

Jchan thanks for the update. I was unable to get anything out of support for this despite a long standing bug report, and having provided ptx sessions right before and after it happened, etc.
Old 10-27-2021, 10:48 AM

Hehe no problem I'm glad I'm not alone either, holy smokes..

I've finally learned how to make it happen and that makes me happy and I NEVER except accidentally use "insertion follows playback" Woha..

The bug number is PT-275768

Not sure the name.

My indecent subject was "Clips disappear when moved" :)
Old 10-28-2021, 10:27 AM

Pro Tools 2021.10 released :)

"Fixed an issue where clips disappeared when moved on the timeline while Insertion Follows Playback is enabled (PT-275768)"
Old 10-28-2021, 10:01 PM

Can confirm, with 2021.10, I just got through a day of editing without clips randomly deleting themselves for the first time in about 6 months.

I can sleep now.