Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2013, 10:47 AM

Default PT 11 HD with HDX plugins not showing up

Today I upgraded from TDM accel to HDX. Now running Pro-Tools HD with HDX dual version 10.3.7 and 11.2. Pro-Tools 10.3.7 appears to be ok all plugins show up. Pro-Tools 11.2 NO 3th party plugins show up at all.

I found this on the DUC (is this the way to get the 3 party plugins to show up?):

Inside the Pro Tools 11 application package, there is a folder labeled "Core Plugins". When I put the plugins in there, all worked perfectly.

Thank you
Old 09-27-2013, 10:51 AM

Default Re: PT 11 HD with HDX plugins not showing up

Are you sure your 3rd party plugs are AAX64 ready? And you've installed the newest versions?

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek View Post
Are you sure your 3rd party plugs are AAX64 ready? And you've installed the newest versions?

I think so but I will double check. The dialogue that appears at the start of PT 11 shows thsese plugs that are not up do date: Equality, Izotope, Spanner, PsP Echo and Nugen ISL (I will update these plugs but I thought I had already updated equality and PSP Echo).

But what about CEDAR studio, I have the latest version of CEDAR and it does not show up. Also Liquid Sonics Reverb (is AAX it should load)
Old 09-27-2013, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnoil View Post
I think so but I will double check. The dialogue that appears at the start of PT 11 shows thsese plugs that are not up do date: Equality, Izotope, Spanner, PsP Echo and Nugen ISL (I will update these plugs but I thought I had already updated equality and PSP Echo).

But what about CEDAR studio, I have the latest version of CEDAR and it does not show up. Also Liquid Sonics Reverb (is AAX it should load)
Not just AAX, but AAX 64 bit with support for PT11.

This might help as well.

http://www.pro-tools-expert.com/aax-database/

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 09-27-2013, 02:52 PM

thank you, I upgraded Equality and Liquid Sonics (these two are now working). CEDAR should have work as I have the latest version (I am contacting support at CEDAR). I have a few more to check for upgrades like Izotope and Unveil.
Old 09-27-2013, 06:27 PM

"Inside the Pro Tools 11 application package, there is a folder labeled "Core Plugins". When I put the plugins in there, all worked perfectly. "

Not the. Correct install location for 3rd party!

Avid in your library, applications support, audio, plug-in is where you should be installing.
If your putting in the applications core then your next update would delete them.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitT View Post
"Inside the Pro Tools 11 application package, there is a folder labeled "Core Plugins". When I put the plugins in there, all worked perfectly. "

Not the. Correct install location for 3rd party!

Avid in your library, applications support, audio, plug-in is where you should be installing.
If your putting in the applications core then your next update would delete them.

thanks you for that info.
Old 09-28-2013, 04:02 AM

Thanks for all who answered my question. So far NOT a Pro-Tools issue, I needed to upgrade the plugins. I thought that AAX was supposed to work with PT 11, but it has to be AAX for PT 11. The CEDAR studio is NOT ready for PT 11 yet neither is LowEnder. I can not use PT 11 till these 2 plugs are PT 11 compatible.

thanks