How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-18-2022, 10:10 PM

Default Hardware delay comp ahead lynx

I recently switched from a lynx aurora using the aes pcie card to a lynx aurora (n) using thunderbolt 3. Windows 10. Most recent pro tools build. All firmware is current.

With 44.1khz sample rate my h/w insert latency is 71 samples AHEAD. I have never had this issue with the old lynx. The comp just worked.

In the i/o settings box where you can modify hw offsets, all channels are set to zero. Putting any positive values in here makes the problem worse. So, I tried inputting a negative value, but pro tools does not allow this.

I have done the test multille ways and always 71 samples ahead. At 96khz sample rate the h/w insert is 61 samples ahead.

I mix hybrid using inserts and have for years, but this really throws a wrench into my spokes. I already have been in contact with lynx and they seem surprised by this issue. I have found a handful of people with the same problem, but zero solutions.

Please help!

Neil