Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-24-2009, 10:49 AM

Default Triggering Strike with Roland Hand Sonic

Hi has anyone done/used this? if so how do i set it up in Strike? kit mode? channel 2? that's what i have read so far. any help would be appreciated. thanks
Old 06-25-2009, 08:19 AM

Default Re: Triggering Strike with Roland Hand Sonic

Hi, I have done it with my HPD15. You need to configure your handsonic to match the midi note layout in Strike, rather than configuring Strike, as to the best of my knowledge you cannot do this in Strike. I hate to say it, but read the HPD manual, it's all there, and is not too technical.

The HPD15 Handsonic (not too sure about the HPD10 though) is not very flexible when it comes to midi configuration with Strike (and BFD2 which I also use), particlarly when trying to map cc to hihat control.

It's been a while since I tried this though, but I do remember pretty much giving up as it didnt give me the results I wanted.

I have been looking to sell my HPD15 and get a Drumkat / DK10 or some other decent (and highly programmable) pad device.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:25 AM

Default Re: Triggering Strike with Roland Hand Sonic

OK thanks. i actually dont have the HandSonic. its a friends and he was going to bring it over for a session. thats too bad. thanks for the info.