Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-28-2012, 12:42 PM

Default ReVoice, New VocAlign plug beta

Anyone here trying this out yet?

http://www.synchroarts.com/beta/Revo...Trial_Versions
What I found when I got there,
was that I couldn't stay away!

Hobo Shave!
Old 02-28-2012, 01:43 PM

Default Re: ReVoice, New VocAlign plug beta

Played with it a bit last night. Couldn't use it efficiently enough to see myself using it. Still doesn't provide handles beyond the process points. I'm still going to play with it before I make a judgement. Although it's standalone, I really like that it sees original timecode stamps (for recorded adr cues) and will spot to Pro Tools afterwards, though!

•2019 Mac Pro 3.5 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W - 48 GB 2666 MHz DDR4 (OS 10.15.5) •HD Native PCIe, HD Omni, 192 I/o, Pro Tools Ultimate •Avid S3 + Dock •Blackmagic Intensity Pro (HDMI) •5.1 Room with JBL LSR4300 series

Additional Systems

•2010 Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon - 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 (OS 10.14.6) •HD Native PCIe, 192 I/o, 96 I/o, Pro Tools Ultimate •McMix (x4), McControl (x1), JLCooper Surround panner for D-Command ES, Avid Control •Blackmagic Intensity Pro (HDMI) •7.1.4 Room with JBL LSR4300 series

•2017 MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz i7 - 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 (OS 10.14.6) •HD Native TB, HD Omni, Pro Tools Ultimate •McMix (x1), McControl (x1), Avid Control * or * D-Command ES Main Unit •Fed into whichever system is the main system
Old 11-28-2012, 07:41 AM

Default Re: ReVoice, New VocAlign plug beta

Hmmm... No one seems to be posting about their Revoice experience too much. I hope this is the right thread to stoke the fires.

I've got a massive alignment & tuning project going right now, and the demo I'm using seems to work about 50% of the time, which simply isn't good enough.

In the past, I would VocAlign the BG's and then blanket auto-tune them, listening and printing when I'm happy. Melodyne is what I use on the lead, so I can really hone in on spots.

Despite how Revoice would prove a faster method, it is really difficult to change the edit length after they're flown in.

Let's say the whole line sounds great, except for three to five words that give me the typical VocAlign weirdness that happens from time to time. I then have to re-import the trouble spot and just tweak it again.

VocAlign is still better for alignment. Six clicks and you're done. Revoice just has too many right clicks & keystrokes for me.

Anyone have any suggestions on the workflow? The lead is all Melodyne'd into place, and I just want to knock my 22 tracks of harmonies & doubles into place.

I've got Waves tune, which I've heard great things about but have never really felt that it gets 'em tight enough, pitch-wise.

Thoughts? Thanks for reading. ;-D

- James