Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2011, 07:23 AM

Default Re: Can't install Complete Production Tollkit 2 with PT10

After a failed PT 10 installation on my windows 7 64 bit machine (http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?p...36#post1861336) , I installed it on my mac and I have the same CPTK2 issue described in this thread.

Old 11-06-2011, 07:57 AM

i described a fix last night earlier on this thread go back and check it out ( for mac)
Old 11-07-2011, 05:57 AM

Also, worth noting, even though it's a bit late for the guys who've already done it, that there is no requirement to uninstall PT9 before installing PT10. You just install PT10 on top of PT9.

If you install PT10 without uninstalling PT9 first, all of the older plugins mentioned stay installed and work without problem.

This also goes for the extra plugins that came with complete production toolkit 1 (like TL Space Native Reverb) and music production toolkit (all the bomb factory, moogerfooger, joe meek etc. stuff).

As an aside, I feel a little sorry for recent complete production toolkit 2 purchasers, who get the extra tracks, busses etc etc, but who no longer get all the extra plugins that I got as a music production toolkit user who then upgraded to complete production toolkit 1, which itself unlocks all the same extras as complete production toolkit 2.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:58 AM

Actually, even if they uninstall 9, the extra paid plugins are not uninstalled with it. They are just like 3rd party ones. However, when you install the newer version of protools, it will update those as well. This was confirmed by tech support in a thread somewhere, and I found it to be the case in my own experience as well.
Old 11-15-2011, 03:41 PM

maybe you guys can help with a similar problem i am having. I did the same thing as Neiche, purchased PT9 then qualified for the PT10 upgrade. So instead of uninstalling PT9 I did a format on my windows drive because it's been awhile. so I installed PT10 and the Virt Insts and realized that all my factory bundle plugins were no longer installed (bomb factory, fairchild, joemeek, tel ray delay, etc....) so I hunted around for the installer and can't find anything that installs them. so i downloaded a couple things from avid that appeared to be the installers I needed but when I try to run them, they tell me there isn't a valid copy of PT on my system....what the heck? How do I get those plugins back?
Old 11-15-2011, 04:42 PM

yahoo...i finally found the specific plugin install files on avid's site. so that's good enough for me. I was missing about 8 plugins that weren't included in the PT10 installer....oh well not a horrible process to install a few separately. thanks anyway guys! :)