Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-15-2006, 12:04 PM

Default Logic Pro 7 with Mix system hardware?

Is it possible to use my mix system hardware (888|24/Adat24 Bridge) with Logic Pro 7? Is anyone doing this?? Which version 7.1/7.1.1/7.2?? I'm running the last 6.4.1cs4 version of PT.

I've just ordered Logic so I'm compatible with a couple of composers I work with. I'm not so worried about getting TDM plugins working or having Logic as a front-end, I just want to be able to have audio in/out through the interfaces I have. I'll be transferring and mixing in PT.

It would be lovely not to have to use the built-in audio on my mac. I can't afford an HD upgrade and want to avoid having to buy another interface for what would mostly be playback.

Thanks for any input

PT 6.4.1cs4
Mix4
USD
888|24
Swissonic AD24/DA24
Adat24 Bridge
Focusrite OctoPre
Dual 1Ghz Quicksilver G4 with 1.5 GB RAM
Old 05-17-2006, 03:34 AM

Default Re: Logic Pro 7 with Mix system hardware?

Quote:
Is it possible to use my mix system hardware (888|24/Adat24 Bridge) with Logic Pro 7? Is anyone doing this?? Which version 7.1/7.1.1/7.2?? I'm running the last 6.4.1cs4 version of PT.

I've just ordered Logic so I'm compatible with a couple of composers I work with. I'm not so worried about getting TDM plugins working or having Logic as a front-end, I just want to be able to have audio in/out through the interfaces I have. I'll be transferring and mixing in PT.

You have to use Logic Pro up to version 7.1.1 to be fully compatible with your MIX-System.
You will be able to engage DAE in Logic Pro or just select your TDM-Hardware under CoreAudio.

Logic Pro 7.2 or 7.2.1 is only compatible with ProTools 7.1cs5 or higher(Not compatible with MIX-Hardware).

Logic Pro 7.2 is Tiger only, so there is no way to use your MIX-Hardware even under CoreAudio, because the latest PT 6.4.1 is Panther only.

You should stay with Logic Pro 7.1.1.

Best,
M.K.BEAT
Old 05-17-2006, 04:02 AM

I'm so so so glad someone ask this. I was just going to ask this one here. Now I have the ESB Bridge and the HTDM enabler that makes me be able to use Logic Soft Synths inside Pro Tools. Also the incredible Space Designer, yes I can pull it up in Pro Tools Mix.
Now, If I update my Logic to 7 from 6 will I lose these features or will I be able to use these still and then some in Pro Tools?

Thanx Guys

M2E
New System: Macbook Pro M1 Max/16 gigs of Ram/Monterey/3 UAD Quad Satellites/2 PCIe Quad UAD cards/Waves Digigrid/Antelope Zen Pro/OWC 3 Slot Thunderbolt PCIe unit/Over 1400 plugins (Beta Tester for 15 different companies)

YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaZYp2wNomc
Old 05-17-2006, 04:39 PM

bump...
New System: Macbook Pro M1 Max/16 gigs of Ram/Monterey/3 UAD Quad Satellites/2 PCIe Quad UAD cards/Waves Digigrid/Antelope Zen Pro/OWC 3 Slot Thunderbolt PCIe unit/Over 1400 plugins (Beta Tester for 15 different companies)

YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HaZYp2wNomc
Old 05-18-2006, 01:42 AM

i think that the main thing that you have to worry about is the os system. i know that the epic/htdm tdm is skecthy in tiger,,,should be o.k in panther and below. i don't remember if the epic tdm and htdm stuff had to be updated for hd or not. I'm running hd these days but i do think that i have to pre hd os x versions somewhere. i'd stay somewhere around logic 7.1.1 to be safe. also i've given up on direct tdm and have an rme fireface 800 for logic. i take adat lite pipe out of the ff into my 192 and have in effect created my onw bridge. now i have 16 channels vs 8 and it seems to be pretty stable. most of the film guys i know do this way. the other issue to be concerned with especially with space designer is the pt being able to read the loci 7 presets. there is way to do it but it is tedious. do a search on the duc for an expanation on this.

hope this helps.

ej

m2e: how are things???
Old 05-18-2006, 03:03 AM

Quote:

Best,
M.K.BEAT

Ok, Cool. Thanks for clearing that up. The Logic I ordered came with 7.2 (typical!). I have a friend with the 7.1 installers, they should work with my new dongle?

Old 05-18-2006, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Best,
M.K.BEAT
Ok, Cool. Thanks for clearing that up. The Logic I ordered came with 7.2 (typical!). I have a friend with the 7.1 installers, they should work with my new dongle?

Yes, they will work with the new dongle.

Both EPIC TDM and HTDM-Enabler should work fine using Logic Pro 7.1.1 and ProTools 6.4.1.

Best,
M.K.BEAT
Old 05-18-2006, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Both EPIC TDM and HTDM-Enabler should work fine using Logic Pro 7.1.1 and ProTools 6.4.1.
FWIW I am using them both successfully with Logic Pro 7.1.1 and ProTools 6.7 - the only hiccup is that I can only use Space Designer SDIRs from Logic 6.

Sonny Keyes
Ricochet Audio
Toronto

Rig 1: 2.8GHz Macbook Pro PT 12.7.1 Logic 10.3.2 Scarlett 18i20
Rig 2: 2.66 QuadCore Intel Xeon Logic 10.2.0 Scarlett 18i20 PTHD10.3.10