Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2002, 02:13 PM

Default Re: iDon\'t know if iLike iLok

Originally posted by hiltonius:

> i had somebody tell me today that when you remove authorizations
> from an iLok, you have to remove them in the reverse order from
> that which they installed...
> anyone have any idea about whether that's true?

There's a little man inside the iLok and he stacks up the authorizations like plates at a buffet. However, he's more than capable of pulling them out in any order.

In other words, not true.

Also: check memory settings on DAE regarding the Serato crash. That sounds like something different.

You may also want to sacrifice a virgin or leave a twenty dollar bill on the table next to your machine at night. It could be possessed.

Good luck,
--Erik
Old 08-02-2002, 02:59 PM

I gotta tell you....the Serato thing seems like the same crash, and I'll tell you why:

when i tried serato a second time after the first crashed attempt, I launched with the iLok and got PT up and running, removed the iLok and then invoked the Serato software, and reinserted it when the authorization software requested it (which had already gotten farther along than it had when the iLok was still IN). At the point where the Serato software looked for the iLok, the machine crashed.

seems like the same point at which the other authorization software gave up the ghost.

thanks again for your continued interest in my plight.

best,
Rich
Old 08-03-2002, 12:37 AM

I can't think of any way that the existing authorizations on an iLok could affect other products. They're sort of firewalled off from each other; nothing is shared.

Sounds like there's a glitch with Soft SampleCell to me. Call Digi and cc: PACE on any correspondence.

--Erik
Old 08-07-2002, 08:03 PM

Hi there

An update on my iLok woes.

Pace has not figured out what is wrong with my iLok. They turned me into a free beta test site. Once they found out I had another iLok and more authorization cards, they wanted me to just "try it again" with no assurance that it was any less likely to happen a second time. They did, however, offer to load up another iLok with the authorizations that I can prove I have paid for, and then send that one to me, expecting the "busted" one back.

Mind you, they still want the busted one back, and they're not willing to send me a new one to replace it until I have sent it to them first.

This copy protection business is not about trust, that's for sure. It's about assuming that your customer base is full of criminals. I hate being treated that way.

In the meantime, I have acquired new authorization cards from Digi (which they provided promptly), and the McDSP and Wave Mechanics software I use was removed back to the card chips.

I have re-installed everything (and I do mean everything) to a new iLok and it's all working just fine now.

Thanks to everyone for participating.

Best,
Rich